X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoneyGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
    Here's the meat - Don has introduced about twice as many motions as Karen and about eight times as many as Kerry. While Don and Karen's motions have a failure rate of 2%, Diotte's motions have a failure rate of 67%.

From Mack D Male: http://blog.mastermaq.ca/2013/10/19/...son-for-mayor/
    How is this possible, as the fast majority of motions are admin matters like adopting an agenda, accepting a report for information, etc. and never voted down? Or are you referring to actual iniatives rather than motions that are admin in nature?

Leave a comment:

• MrOilers
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesL View Post
    The victory is especially sweet when you go back and re-read the posts of the small handful of pro-Diotte posters here who implied that they were part of some kind of silent majority.
    For sure. The results of this election obviously show that most people in Edmonton have much bigger interests and concerns than the arena, property tax, and potholes.

Leave a comment:

• PrairieBoyinExile
    replied
    Originally posted by McBoo View Post
    New Edmonton. Vision beats potholes every day, every way and in every poll.

Don Koziak, non-vision and Kerry Diotte, your small-minded, limited view isn't just over - it's smashed and destroyed.

The National Poop Paper, Grope and Flail et al will be hugely disappointed - not that they will get it - or not be left in the dust.

Good-bye old, dead guard, National |Poop and Grope and Flail too!

Sorry for dancing on the graves of the dead - but this wasn't just an election, it's an execution warrant for the non-vision.

New sig comin'
    Actually, the election result was the lead story last night on the Globe web site, with Iveson's pic at the top.

Leave a comment:

• JamesL
    replied
    Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
    I just can't get over the beatdown Iveson gave his opponents at the ballot. I expected Iveson to win, but not by such a huge margin. I really thought Karen and Diotte had more solid support than that.
    The victory is especially sweet when you go back and re-read the posts of the small handful of pro-Diotte posters here who implied that they were part of some kind of silent majority. It turns out, the polls of this race actually understated Iveson's support!

Leave a comment:

• IanO
    replied
    What a fantastic night! I could not be more proud of our City and its citizens. Don has been a friend since high school and you could tell then big things were in store politically for him.

Leave a comment:

• Edmcowboy11
    replied
    Well at least Kerry was consistent till the bitter end.

Leave a comment:

• MrOilers
    replied
    I just can't get over the beatdown Iveson gave his opponents at the ballot. I expected Iveson to win, but not by such a huge margin. I really thought Karen and Diotte had more solid support than that.

Leave a comment:

• McBoo
    replied
    I think it was consistent with Kerry's history on council. Having been on the losing side of pretty much every vote, he took his baseball home and ran for Mayor.

The words you're maybe looking for are sore & loser ...

Leave a comment:

• Gord Lacey
    replied
    Maybe it was written by the same volunteers that made the "arena stinks" video for him.

Leave a comment:

• The_Cat
    replied
    I think the concession speech must have been written by someone else, for Kerry. At least Leibovici has the class to thank her team, and let them shine.

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Petrin
    replied
    Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
    Kerry had a nice little speech going there for a while, until he went on a childish "sour grapes" rant about how voters REALLY agree with him (despite coming in a distant 3rd).

The fact that he didn't shut up after thanking his volunteers and congratulating the election winners, demonstrated what a poor choice of a mayor he would've been. He also admitted that doesn't learn from his mistakes.... when he finished his speech saying he "wouldn't have done it any different".

Good riddance to this rubbish on council - he can now post to his heart's content on twitter at Tim Horton's instead of in council meetings.
    Yeah, I thought his concession speech was a train wreck. For one thing, he's a very poor public speaker. And yeah, his claims about "setting the agenda" and the voters agreeing with his "4 priorities" were ridiculous considering that the electorate soundly rejected him as a candidate. I don't know how responsible for the speech Diotte was, or if it was mostly written for him by someone else, but it was embarrassing to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Turnbull
    replied
    The 'easy' part is done. Now he needs to deliver.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Death Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Idealistic Pragmatist View Post
    Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Global's coverage has been far superior, but that poli-sci prof is painful to listen to.
    Oh, man, did they have David Taras on? Speaking of people who just need to go away...
    No it was some lady with red glasses. Took her ages to stumble through her sentences. I feel sorry for the U of A students who have to sit through her classes.

And yes, CTV did switch to reality TV at 10 PM. FAIL.

Leave a comment:

• Idealistic Pragmatist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Global's coverage has been far superior, but that poli-sci prof is painful to listen to.
    Oh, man, did they have David Taras on? Speaking of people who just need to go away...

Leave a comment:

• envaneo
    replied
    I'm at work getting off at 7pm and as I'm crossing the street at the Matrix hotel heading to Corona station I'm wondering whats going on there tonight! If I knew that was Don Iveson's election HQ I would have stopped in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X