• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Guy66
    replied
    Originally posted by Replacement View Post
    Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
    I thought Kim Krushell would be a good political commentator. But for someone who loved the camera time when serving as a councillor, she doesn't really have anything enlightening to say on CTV's election coverage.
    I haven't much liked her coverage. The "I really like this result" rings as a little different.

So far this has been like viewing who Krushell would invite to a garden party than objective commentary on all the candidates.

I'm actually somewhat surprised the degree to which she is this candid. Although not surprised how partisan she is. I don't think for a moment she's aware that when she's resolutely supporting one candidate that it reflects unfairly on everybody representing democracy in each ward.

Although she is no longer incumbent and needing to work with some of these people so I think she's feeling a little free to say whatever she wants.
    I wish the bolded part was true because she is NOT saying much about anything or anyone.

As a former councillor, we all know on where Krushell leans about certain issues and who her allies are on city council. I'm fine with her being somewhat partisan...."I'm so happy for Sohi!".

But give us some dirt. Tell the viewers why Diotte's campaign failed. Tell us what Leibovici should of done differently. Saying "I really like this result" doesn't really engage me.

Michael Phair has sat on election night panels in previous years. Even though it was obvious who he was pulling for, at least he added substance to the coverage.

Leave a comment:

• moahunter
    replied
    Congrats to Don, a big win, and well deserved. I hope he brings a lot of energy to implement a lot of what is sitting on shelves untouched. Great for the city. Implementing "the way we sprawl" would be a good start:

http://doniveson.ca/2009/11/14/the-way-we-growsprawl/

For that plan was better than what we got.
    Last edited by moahunter; 21-10-2013, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TerryH
    replied
    Total votes project to 214,988 after 113 polls.

Leave a comment:

• Magnoblade
    replied
    Don's in he got it!

Leave a comment:

• TerryH
    replied
    Total votes projected to 216,074 after 94 polls.

Leave a comment:

• Magnoblade
    started a topic election night onward - Don Iveson elected

election night onward - Don Iveson elected

Don Iveson Elected 44,066 60.5%
    Karen Leibovici 14,073 19.3%
    Kerry Diotte 12,316 16.9%

94/279 polls reporting
Working...
X