This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - well, let me pass on a big welcome to the new Canadian Tea Party

Want scary? Kerry (Cec Purves) Diotte for mayor, Don Koziak in Ward 2 and Tony Caterina.

That'd mean never-ending 10-3 votes on council ...
    ... gobsmacked

Comment

Tony isn't nearly as bad as most people think...

He gets an unfair rap.
      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
        He gets an unfair rap.
        No, Caterina's reputation was earned. He's the one who pushed for City Center Airport expansion (which led to that huge fight and drama over it), and he opposed a downtown arena and opposed LRT expansion to NAIT.

He has softened his stance on all of those over his last term in office, though.

Comment

As you wrote.....

"He has softened his stance on all of those over his last term in office, though."

All the things you have remarked on are done and dealt with.
          "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Dude this isn't the USA... Believe it or not we actually embrace liberal forward thinking in this country.

you are one step away from declaring Don has political weapons of mass destruction..

God must hate Canada...

Here lets also highlight some other wonderful backwards thinking ideas brought to us from the same stream of logic you seem to drink from...

Abortion Leads To Cancer, Birth Defects, And Everything Else.. I am sure Don is pro choice.
            Would Don Iverson's supposed raping of Edmonton be Legitimate or not...
            Climate Change Doesn’t Exist, and If It Does It’s Caused By Trees.. I am sure Don wants to plant trees too
            Evolution Is (Still) Out To Get Jesus... I am sure Don hates Jesus and loves evolution too.

Get a clue dude.

Originally posted by TedFriends View Post
            I'm shocked no1 remembers this.

In 2009 the edmonton Sun gave Don Iveson a "D" rating as his job on council AND Iveson "dangerous" saying:

"Iveson wants everyone eating granola and riding bikes or taking public transit to work."

AND

"Don't put this rookie in charge of the finances."

Don would destroy this city with his lack of life experience. Come on people! Wake up!

See link here: http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmo...76791-sun.html

The Sun's latest story today Iveson says the most important thing about Edmonton is its potential.... not ppl. And he says the worst thing about Edmonton is...get this..."grumps."

Seriously....what a joke.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/10/1...tions-answered
            Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 16-10-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

What's dangerous is when some "one" who doesn't accept DEMOCRACY!

AS diotte has demomstrated, showing his discontent for not getting his way, when he is out voted, which is now a historical fact! If more people agree on something and you lose, then why vote for a loser, who trys to bully the magority.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post
                "Iveson wants everyone eating granola and riding bikes or taking public transit to work."

Top_Dawg has to admit, that's a pretty good one.
                Granola isn't even healthy, its full of carbs and high in calories...

Comment

^which is great for active, walking, biking citizens

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

I'm shocked you couldn't be bothered to type out "no one"
                    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

^comes with experience.

Comment

In 2009 the edmonton Sun gave Don Iveson a "D" rating as his job on council AND Iveson "dangerous" saying:

AND

"Don't put this rookie in charge of the finances."

Don would destroy this city with his lack of life experience. Come on people! Wake up!

The Sun's latest story today Iveson says the most important thing about Edmonton is its potential.... not ppl. And he says the worst thing about Edmonton is...get this..."grumps."

if don iveson is "dangerous" for edmonton, then edmonton needs a lot more dangerous...
                        "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Before I reply...I have to take pause and chuckle at how hypocritical some actions are...if this was another candidate being swiped at with rhetoric, vain attempts at memes, having old articles dug up in the name of "fact finding"...this would be all good to some. Have it appear on another...and it is the mother of all evil...

Goose, gander...kettle, pot...

(...)

I don't think Don would "destroy" the city.

I do get the "grumps" comment...and while a poor choice of words, the small but vocal group of continued naysayers both in the public and in administration get far too much play...along with a small group of special interest groups...who are actually quite grumpy in their own right.

I agree that Edmonton has a large amount of potential...that is why I moved back and why I do the things I do. However, there is a large group that likes Edmonton to stay small.

Don has a long way to go to win my vote...as do all the other mayoral hopefuls, but a destoryer of cities I have a hard time with...if elected...he still is only one vote in 13...

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post

Ha ha. I think it's hilarious when people use the term "life experience", as if it actually means anything.

You don't even have to be good at anything to earn it - all you have to do is live long enough.
                          Do NOT discount life experience...it is the very essence of your resume, and how you will react, act, and perform. It is the basis of how you think. It is why and how you are selected over another candidate, or not selected as te case may be. This sentiment is as grumpy and dismissive as the "grumps" comment dismisses those that want Edmonton to keep itself small.

Life experience is a colossal benefit...a well rounded person with experiences and education is a force to be reasoned with...for while your diploma/degree proves that you were taught...your life experiences show how much you have LEARNED....or not.

...for I look at some things I wrote and said 20 years ago...and shake my head....
                          President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                            Life experience is a colossal benefit...
                            Only if you actually learn something from it.

Comment

Life experience can provide you with perspective, should you choose to recognize it, which can be quite beneficial. I agree it should not be discounted.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                                Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                                Life experience is a colossal benefit...
                                Only if you actually learn something from it.
                                Isn't that exactly what I said?
                                President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Working...
                                X