This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shane Bergdahl View Post
    Then, perhaps, this is why people talk about it but never take steps to solve it. No one can define it?

If that is the case, perhaps we need to push our newly elected City leaders to strike a committee to do that so everyone can determine if there really is a problem.

best post...

...for when it comes to the definitions..sprawl is in the eyes of the beholder...or the bias of the beholder...

...when I see such vitriol being spewed between anti-sprawl people - including on what "good" looks like...I know I am not far off...
    My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Medwards View Post
      I wonder who the original OP is... I'd bet its the same person that called Iveson dangerous before...

June 21, 2009, Diotte part of Edmonton Sun panel handing out grades to city counillors:

On Don Iveson, was was given a “D” mark:

Smart, young and dangerous … a better dressed Tooker Gomberg. Iveson wants everyone eating granola and riding bikes or taking public transit to work. During preliminary budget talks last year, Iveson flat-out stated he was tired of “this city cheaping out.” Ouch. Don’t put this rookie in charge of the finances. He’s organized too, defeating incumbent Mike Nickel in the last election.

RECOMMENDATION: Move to Tofino.
      http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-kerry-diotte/
      Ok, given that:

a) Don is no more "dangerous" than any other person
      b) this converstaion has tangented to yet another sprawl debate
      c) the election is over
      d) the OP has not responded

...can I recommend this thread be closed and the sprawl conversation is moved?
      My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane Bergdahl View Post
        Then, perhaps, this is why people talk about it but never take steps to solve it. No one can define it?

If that is the case, perhaps we need to push our newly elected City leaders to strike a committee to do that so everyone can determine if there really is a problem.

Oh yes.....a sure fire way to solve anything.

Top_Dawg would even suggest throwing money at it.

Last edited by Top_Dawg; 23-10-2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• I moved the sprawl conversation to THIS THREAD
          Ow

I said this because coming here makes my heart hurt.

Comment

Working...
          X