X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Iveson "dangerous" for Edmonton

I'm shocked no1 remembers this.

In 2009 the edmonton Sun gave Don Iveson a "D" rating as his job on council AND Iveson "dangerous" saying:

"Iveson wants everyone eating granola and riding bikes or taking public transit to work."

AND

"Don't put this rookie in charge of the finances."

Don would destroy this city with his lack of life experience. Come on people! Wake up!

See link here: http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmo...76791-sun.html

The Sun's latest story today Iveson says the most important thing about Edmonton is its potential.... not ppl. And he says the worst thing about Edmonton is...get this..."grumps."

Seriously....what a joke.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/10/1...tions-answered

Looks like Iveson is now clearly the front-runner if he is attracting these kind of cheap attacks....
    posts randomly and infrequently

Comment

Originally posted by TedFriends View Post
      "Iveson wants everyone eating granola and riding bikes or taking public transit to work."

Top_Dawg has to admit, that's a pretty good one.

Comment

^hardly, but is that a bad thing?

He most surely wants a better modal split and more opportunities for people to change their habits, ie. better bus/lrt/bike lanes etc., but he is not as left as many believe.

During Council hearings, he is often one of the most aware and active Councillors sitting and while junior, carries himself and backs it up with good information most of the time.

Gotta love people like TedFriends.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Top_Dawg has to admit, that's a pretty good one.
          granola and bikes and transit?? no way!!

http://i.minus.com/iFb7w0WQmlTPq.gif

Comment

Well hello Ted...I am assuming you are the same one that was trying to get people onto that article on twitter yesterday. I think the problem is that being given a failing grade and labelled "dangerous" by the Sun...well...that doesn't mean much of anything it's predictable. It's not really surprising or notable and I think most people would have expected similar articles to be posted today. Perhaps more significant (and something people are actually talking about) is that in this election the Sun has actually been cautiously supportive of Iveson.

Nice try...but I don't think your efforts are going to catch anybody who doesn't share you views already.

Comment

I'm shocked someone takes the Edmonton Sun seriously.

Comment

Don would destroy this city with his lack of life experience.

Ha ha. I think it's hilarious when people use the term "life experience", as if it actually means anything.

You don't even have to be good at anything to earn it - all you have to do is live long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Bear View Post
                  I'm shocked someone takes the Edmonton Sun seriously.
                  They got something "write" when they fired Diotte
                  A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                    Don would destroy this city with his lack of life experience.

Ha ha. I think it's hilarious when people use the term "life experience", as if it actually means anything.

You don't even have to be good at anything to earn it - all you have to do is live long enough.
                    I believe that is how Kevin Lowe got his GM role and then the promotion upstairs to whatever he is now...

Comment

Wouldn't Edmonton have potential because of the people? It's just a matter of "turning them on and tuning them in?"
                      Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

I love the smell of napalm in the mornin'!
                        Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

I'm with Iveson on the potential and the grumps.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

Originally posted by dusty bear View Post
                            Originally posted by tedfriends View Post
                            i'm shocked no1 remembers this.
                            i'm shocked someone takes the edmonton sun seriously.
                            bingo!!
                            Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

And he says the worst thing about Edmonton is...get this..."grumps."
                              If the shoe fits, Cinderella...
                              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X