This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curtispenner View Post
    It's easy to be an armchair critic. There's lots of them in forums especially. Were you there at City Hall today? I'm informed that 13 citizens spoke against and two in favour, namely someone from CMHC and a local developer. You should have come and contributed to the debate.
    when it comes to civic issues i've been called all sorts of things... opinionated, wordy, stubborn and others all come to mind but never "an armchair quarterback". i've never shied away from a topic i've felt worthy of debate and/or discussion in private or in public, in front of council or in forums, in writing or in person. was i there today? no, i was not. but if i had been it would have been in support of what council is trying to accomplish across the city with this initiative. and doing so wouldn't have put me in the same category as a war criminal any more than anyone else - city councillor or not - who happens to disagree with you.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• Considering the immense suffering that others have endured, using their experience in such a trivial fashion to justify one's position is just a tad insensitive and diminishes what they went through. I have friends whose parents were survivors of the holocaust, they would not be pleased.
      Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

• Godwin
        Ow

Comment

Working...
        X