X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Penner

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...851/story.html

Oh for God's sake, can we get a credible mayoralty candidate?!! Curtis Penner was on CTV just now, and he's only got one item in his platform. All he could do is ramble on and on about surplus school spaces being redeveloped. He was pressed on other issues but he babbled on about nothing else.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

he's the co-owner of Meterra Developments... interesting. He's anti development unless it benefits his company?
    Also, people should learn the difference between dedicated green space, and reserve land. The land in question wasn't greenspaces, it was reserved school sites.

And - please - if your only a one-small issue person, find a better place to voice your opinion, you don't run for mayor over one small issue.
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Yeah, I saw him this morning, and thought the same thing. Even when he was asked "what other issues are on his agenda", his response was about the green spaces again.

I sure hope him and Diotte aren't the only two candidates for mayor, come Oct.

Comment

One-issue mayoral candidates are par for the course especially early in the race. We had one in Saskatoon that ran on the platform of rubber sidewalks. They don't tend to spend much money so can afford to use the campaign as a chance for publicity.

Eve

Comment

The crazy thing is... he has more of a platform than Diotte does.
          They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Hmmm...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meterr...-Realto-907158
            Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

^ I wouldn't put much weight on that "report" myself. The person writing it doesn't seem to have much sense: needing a fast move and buying a suite under construction.

Eve

Comment

Originally posted by EveB View Post
                One-issue mayoral candidates are par for the course especially early in the race. We had one in Saskatoon that ran on the platform of rubber sidewalks. They don't tend to spend much money so can afford to use the campaign as a chance for publicity.

Eve
                Hmmm, running on rubber sidewalks, eh? That'd put a spring in your step!
                Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Folks, this is a good thing. He and Diotte can split the uninformed vote and a credible candidate will win.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyGuy View Post
                    Folks, this is a good thing. He and Diotte can split the uninformed vote and a credible candidate will win.
                    Kinda what im hoping for?

Although Don is still mum on what hes doing. Why the delay??
                    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

I thought Don wanted to try provincial politics? Maybe he's still weighing his choice. he certainly doesn't want to be a Councillor anymore.
                      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                        http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...851/story.html

Oh for God's sake, can we get a credible mayoralty candidate?!! Curtis Penner was on CTV just now, and he's only got one item in his platform. All he could do is ramble on and on about surplus school spaces being redeveloped. He was pressed on other issues but he babbled on about nothing else.
                        So far I'm pretty sure I am the only credible mayoralty candidate. I certainly pressed the most important issue to me in this campaign, which is the loss of our green space. I will be issuing policy papers on every major aspect of current City of Edmonton policy, and the core foundation of my campaign is available at http://www.curtispenner.ca/platform.html

Thanks for your interest

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                          he's the co-owner of Meterra Developments... interesting. He's anti development unless it benefits his company?
                          Also, people should learn the difference between dedicated green space, and reserve land. The land in question wasn't greenspaces, it was reserved school sites.

And - please - if your only a one-small issue person, find a better place to voice your opinion, you don't run for mayor over one small issue.
                          With respect, I'm anti-development of our Municipal Reserves. I wouldn't be in support of it if it was me developing it. I would not develop it. Ever. The point is that no-one has the right to develop it, including our City Council, who has decided to split hairs on the definition of "Municipal Reserve", which is clearly dedicated to schools or parks. If an MR is dedicated to schools or parks and it is not a school, then by logical implication it is a park. Further, on those sites that the city has already stolen and rezoned, they have not reinvested the proceeds from the sale of the MR lands in improving the parkland that is left. This is a violation of the Municipal Government Act and also a flagrant violation of City of Edmonton policy document C468.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyGuy View Post
                            What would an "informed candidate" run on?

I'm informed enough to know that if we can't bring the Arena in on budget that we're in an awful lot of trouble financially. Even if we can, we are probably still in an awful lot of trouble. We've committed the infrastructure budget of a city with expansive and crumbling infrastructure to building a replacement building for one that is only one third through its useful lifespan, and being run by not for profit volunteers. I was more active on twitter in speaking out against it than probably anyone else in the city. But now that we have decided to build it, I am also probably more qualified than the rest of council combined, to see that it comes in on time and on budget. I understand large scale construction and project management intimately.
                            Last edited by curtispenner; 06-06-2013, 12:35 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

Curtispenner, thank you for joining C2E and engaging all of us in discussion.

Could you kindly point me to a website where you have listed your platform, beyond "OMG there going to build on school sites that will never be used as school sites"

if you don't have anything beyond that for a platform, you are a 1-issue candidate, which gives you the edge right this moment over the 0-issue candidate Kerry Diotte.

If you were elected Mayor, how would you work to build consensus ? Remember, your vote is just one of 13. statements like " I am also probably more qualified than the rest of council combined, to see that it comes in on time and on budget. I understand large scale construction and project management intimately." are sure not the way to go about building relationships with the other councillors you will have to work with.

What is your vision for the city? As a leader, you'll need a vision, not "I'm better than the rest, and vacant school sites should only be dandellion collectors, because I live near one elect me please"

A leader of this city needs to be a visionary... one that looks to the future of Edmonton, not just a single issue....
                              Last edited by Medwards; 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X