Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't he run for the Department of Transportation? I'd also prefer to be called a citizen of Edmonton rather than a source of municipal income.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2007
      Mr. Diotte is not a bad guy, but his simplistic approaches to complex issues continue to frustrate me. He will appeal to the 'good enough' crowd.

No, no and no.
      Pretty much sums it up. I see him in 3rd place at most in the upcoming election.
      Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

Comment

I like the role that Kerry Diotte plays as a member of city council... but as mayor I would have some strong concerns.

Comment

This board isnt the best place for Mr Diotte fan club
          youtube.com/BrothersGrim
          facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

I'd like to see him run for Mayor just to keep him off council.

Comment

Someone also needs to point out his voting record on the arena deal... it hasn't exactly been in opposition.
              "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

If Diotte gets in, which he has every chance of doing, it will be in no small part down to the present incumbent's obsession with what the vast majority of voters consider to be excessive and unnecessary vanity projects. To some degree it could be said that Mandel has paved the way for Diotte.
                "The only really positive thing one could say about Vancouver is, it’s not the rest of Canada." Oink (britishexpats.com)

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                  If Diotte gets in, which he has every chance of doing, it will be in no small part down to the present incumbent's obsession with what the vast majority of voters consider to be excessive and unnecessary vanity projects. To some degree it could be said that Mandel has paved the way for Diotte.
                  Lets remember we have a weak mayor system.... Diotte is one vote...
                  "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo
                    Originally posted by expat
                    Lets remember we have a weak mayor system.... Diotte is one vote...
                    Come election time there's every likelihood he's going to be joined by some new councilors running on a similar ticket.
                    "The only really positive thing one could say about Vancouver is, it’s not the rest of Canada." Oink (britishexpats.com)

Comment

Originally posted by KOxamitny
                      Of all the voices on council, Kerry's seems to be the most active in asking the hard questions, and looking out for taxpayer interests.
                      http://metronews.ca/news/edmonton/62...o-mayors-race/
                      From what I have seen he mainly complains about other people's ideas but has few of his own. Don't confuse being able to point out things that are wrong with the ability to actually do something to fix them. I don't see KD as having that capability.

I may have to leave Canada if he becomes the mayor.

Comment

Kerry seems like he would micro manage the cities finances. That would only cause gridlock in the finance department. Nothing would get done.
                        Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Whether Kerry Diotte is elected as a councillor or a mayor, he will only have one vote on council.

If Diotte runs for mayor, I would like to know what his platform for the Capital Region will be, and what his relationship with the provincial government will be as well. He'll be in over his head when he realizes that Edmonton and Area could grow by another 100,000 people during the next term.

Any candidate who runs better be able to think 25-30 years ahead.
                          "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Diotte would run this city into the ground. If he is elected mayor it would be time to get out of Dodge!!

Comment

I will not tolerate any more conversations on the previous link issue.

I have also copied over the previous posts that did not contain questionable accusations over to this new thread.

I have edited the link here to directly go to the site referenced.

Please discuss any campaign issues, policy issues, or other conversations directly suited to the potential campaign at hand.

This also applies to ANY OTHER CANDIDATE, announced or not.

This move, and copying of the posts, does not prevent any disciplinary action from being handed out resulting from actions in the removed thread .
                              Ow

Comment

Thanks Admin, I have no idea why the link did that, and I certainly did not intend to raise the ire of fellow posters. Let the discussion continue.......

Comment

Working...
                                X