Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayor Mandel does not run, who out of the sitting councillors is preferred by you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    I'm not surprised Krushell is not running. She had an uphill struggle in the last civic election and maybe she see's the writing on the wall. She stated she has taken a lot of flack for voting on the arena. I doubt if she wants to be campaigning and every second door she knocks on she gets reamed out and the dog set upon her. She was also becoming a career politician which usually means your just cruising along and doing nothing.

Yeah, Top_Dawg thinks the same Gems.

She won by a razor thin margin. All those who voted against her in 2010 would do the same this time, plus a whole lot more.

Kinda a strange scenario but Top_Dawg figgers she had a far better chance of being elected mayor than retaining her council seat for ward 2.

Not hard to figger that there's been a lot of collusion leading up to this where it's been decided that Leibovici will be the establishment's only candidate, with no risk of splitting the vote.

No tears for po' Krushell though.

Guaranteed she's destined for a feathery soft landing somewhere in government where, like a good public servant, she can continue ' cruising along and doing nothing '.
    Last edited by Top_Dawg; 12-06-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• So the real question is -- what will Iveson do? Will he run against Leibovici, or will he take a break and come back in 2017 to run for mayor? If anyone should be leaving Council to spend more time with his family, it's him. You don't get those years back.

Not to mention he should get a real job for the next four years to give him some life experience.

Comment

• No doubt immense pressure is being put on Iveson not to run.

The establishment wants a clear cut race between Leibovici and Diotte.

Which they believe will be a Leibovici coronation.

Most likely he will also be ' bought off '.

Top_Dawg figgers that in the coming weeks Iveson will renege on his stated intention to not seek re-election.

He'll roll out the ol' ' need for experience and continuity with so many new councilors and that's why I have to run again ' or some such nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bornandraised View Post
          So the real question is -- what will Iveson do? Will he run against Leibovici, or will he take a break and come back in 2017 to run for mayor? If anyone should be leaving Council to spend more time with his family, it's him. You don't get those years back.

Not to mention he should get a real job for the next four years to give him some life experience.
          I think Iveson will be running.

Am I able to put a poster on ignore on this site? Not you, BAR.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoneyGuy View Post
            Am I able to put a poster on ignore on this site? Not you, BAR.
            Easy. When you're logged in, click "User Profile" in the blue navigation bar beneath the C2E logo. On the lefthand side, under "Settings and Options", click "Edit Ignore List". Type the username into the field—it should autocomplete the name as you type—then click "Okay". To remove, simply deselect the checkbox beside the user's name.
            I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• The way I see it...

Having dealt with virtually all of Council and the Mayor in their offices and in Council and Committee I can honestly say there is not one that I agreed with all the time (some more than others, yes). I've presented, argued, reported and many times simply watched to see outcomes.

All those that have been serious about it have put in long hours, put up with some really foolish things, tolerated many other and both warranted and unwarranted criticism. Any slip up is media fodder and there is no way to make everyone happy.

So to anyone that has held an elected position (or seriously run for one). Thank you.

I may have liked you, I may not have. Might have agreed, just as likely not.

But you chose to take the hot seat so credit where credit is due.

Tom Hinderks
              Ward 2

Comment

• To all elected officials who have ran, won, collected a good wage and benefit package along the way, warmed a seat on council for many years and nodded yes in affirmative to every thing the mayor has said and done, I would like to thank you for not running again. (insert your own candidate here.......................).
                Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                  I'm not surprised Krushell is not running. She had an uphill struggle in the last civic election and maybe she see's the writing on the wall. She stated she has taken a lot of flack for voting on the arena. I doubt if she wants to be campaigning and every second door she knocks on she gets reamed out and the dog set upon her. She was also becoming a career politician which usually means your just cruising along and doing nothing.
                  Its her own problem that she really polarized people and disrespected any opposition views to the arena funding debate. She went way too far too often in attempting to debase concerns. Worse still that she did so ineffectually.

Krushell seemed to communicate a lot of frustration in said bantering and stopped just short of calling people stupid and uninformed. Actually she did say uninformed. The trouble is she generalized so that anybody opposing the arena funding was uninformed in her mind. My own take was that she had a very limited understanding of the economic issues involved and simply bought what she was told.

I have no idea why anybody thought this was a mayoral candidate. She completely lacks analytical thinking. I think her "no" button could have been broken for 3 years and nobody in council would know.
                  "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• IF the mayoral race had of been between Diotte, Krushell and Leobovici I would have been very hard pressed as to who to vote for. They are all different individuals but none of them seem to have what it takes to be mayor. iDiotte (one trick pony) Krushell (unable to form own thoughts) Leobovici (can't seem to curb her enthusiasm).
                    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

• Originally posted by bornandraised View Post
                      So the real question is -- what will Iveson do? Will he run against Leibovici, or will he take a break and come back in 2017 to run for mayor? If anyone should be leaving Council to spend more time with his family, it's him. You don't get those years back.

He is most definitely running. 100% certain.

Comment

• I will close this thread as people are starting to announce, one way or another.

Please feel free to discuss each potential candidate or announced candidate in their own thread.
                        Ow

Comment

Working...
                        X