Edmonton Marijuana Dispensaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by overoceans View Post
    Hm. This was a month-and-a-half ago, but didn't seem to get very wide coverage...

MONTREAL -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says "next summer," and not July 1, is the date cannabis will become legal across the country.

If July 1st was never the promise, then that had to be one of the most widespread mass-hallucinations ever to hit the Canadian media. And odd that Trudeau never thought himself obligated to correct the falsehood until last December.

What'll likely happen is: All the pot-smokers will rush out to the streets on July 1st to light up and celebrate the first day of legalization, and the weed will be available in such copious amounts that no one will actually notice that it HASN'T been legalized yet. Except for the unfortuate few that get arrested by the police, who actually ARE keeping track of what is and is not legal.

link

How can that be. General election is next May. If he doesn't get voted back in (yippee) what will happen. Can the next administration slow the bill down, stop it, scrap it?.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Many Canadians would be very plssed off if it was scrapped, and many of them don't smoke weed. They own shares in Marijuana companies on the stock market. I don't think it would be wise for the PC's, and senators to tamper with the legislation, we have already passed the point of no return.
      Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

No doubt. It would be political suicide for generations to come.

Comment

Ah, article date December 19/2017. So the next year is this year. Late summer 2018.
          Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasH View Post
            Many Canadians would be very plssed off if it was scrapped, and many of them don't smoke weed. They own shares in Marijuana companies on the stock market. I don't think it would be wise for the PC's, and senators to tamper with the legislation, we have already passed the point of no return.
            I'm gonna reply to this on the other thread on marijuana, in the Business forum.

Comment

Oct. 17 is the official date for legalization. Looks like I might have to walk back my predicition that it won't happen in Trudeau's first term.

Comment

Working...
              X