Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lrt systems around the world

http://www.greenprophet.com/2012/12/casablanca-tramway/

It takes 60 minutes to travel from one end of Casablanca’s new tramway to the other and costs less than a dollar per trip, regardless of distance traveled.

With 48 stations linking all of the city’s major neighborhoods, as well as ONCF stations, business districts, hospitals, and the downtown area, the new tramway is expected to breathe new life into the city.

With service running between 6.30am and 10pm during the week and until 11.30pm on weekends, the tramway will also generate new jobs – both for those working directly for the transportation ministry and for residents who previously lacked access to far flung places.

Just one part of a broader government plan to attract investors and turn the city into a thriving, internationally-recognized metropolis, the second tramway system in Morocco, and the largest – given the long route and number of stations, is only the first of four planned for Casablanca.

This combined with an express road network and other planned infrastructural upgrades that are in the works will cost the Moroccan government a total of 45 billion dirhams or USD5.34 billion.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 20-12-2012, 07:48 PM.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Our low floor should be about that size...
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Full build out...

Comment

Toronto's new street cars, these are custom designed for Toronto's small gauge rail... Ours will be fatter

Comment

Huston!!

Comment

this video is soooooo bad! lol

Comment

Edmonton - the Casablanca of the north!
              "The only really positive thing one could say about Vancouver is, it’s not the rest of Canada." Oink (britishexpats.com)

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  Edmonton - the Casablanca of the north!
                  Please, don't encourage him.
                  Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

im sorry but how many more lrt threads do we need here?

Comment

The idea of this thread is for edp to post all his tram findings instead of a thread for each city.
                      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                        The idea of this thread is for edp to post all his tram findings instead of a thread for each city.
                        With that being said maybe we could merge all of them into here?

Comment

Pm the admin or report your post ...
                          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmagnoblade View Post
                            Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                            With that being said maybe we could merge all of them into here?
                            Honolulu is a tram? I posted an elevated system... and I just post as I find them zia my Zite.

I can't help if the majority of new systems being built or talked about are of the European tram variety.

O and I think it's good to leave the Canadian systems on their own threads... just my opinion.

Comment

Dallas orange line opened July 2012

The other Dart LRT line is one of the USA's most successful LRT systems.

What their system wide plans are.. including BRT and Heavy Rail.

Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 24-12-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X