Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, pretty shocking how they (don't) dress for cold, winter weather. Maybe they all want to grow up to be courier drivers ....

But, I take your point, respect your P-O-V, just disagree with the proposed solution. LOL
    ... gobsmacked

Comment

• Rezoning 111st and 40th with an area plan akin to the idealized one for Belgravia Station is needed as well as a valid business case / ridership analysis before it's considered. Nothing points to 40th ave to changing any time soon to condone a stop. If anything the business case is stronger to rezone large areas of Southgate / Empire Park to utilize the existing infrastructure residential demand that would occur before this expense. Wouldn't mind Southgate becoming like the re-developed malls along the Millennium Line in Metro Vancouver (Coquitlam, Burnaby).
      Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

• I'm really hoping and wondering when we can see movement towards building the Ellerslie Station. The park n ride lot looks like it is coming along quite well, would be nice the LRT was there too.
        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• Don't forget that the new station would also service the Confederation rec centre. If the City relocated Whitemud Crossing library to the site then it would become a community multiplex - sort of like a government version of ToD?

Comment

• Taken September 17, 2019
            Big park n ride hopefully will be open soon.

20190917_082148
            by Paul Smolik, on Flickr

20190917_082139
            by Paul Smolik, on Flickr

Also the roadway going past this park n ride (Ellerslie Road) is in the process of being twinned. Hopefully they will have it open before the winter hits.

Comment

• Council votes in favour of SW line ahead of NAIT-St. Albert line:
              https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-fcb11597b423/
              "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• Well considering the amount of work they were already doing for the new bus terminal, park n ride, this doesn't surprise me. I would have rather liked to see more work on the line to St.Albert but I don't mind seeing this section proceed.

Comment

• I think serious consideration should be given to a bridge at University Avenue and 114 Street.
                  "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• I am still disappointed that the City insists on 111 Street and all the problems that this route to Ellerslie causes. I've been at the planning meetings since it was first proposed. There is a much more obvious route that is more direct, easier to build, faster, results in minimal changes to existing infrastructure and presents many opportunities. That route is the south side of 23 Ave, NW to 119 Street and then straight to Ellerslie. No tight corners, no busy intersections and none causing potential conflicts with first responders, and a straight rather than angular crossing over the Henday. It would require a more expensive bridge over a deeper part of the Blackmud Ravine but that is the only part that is more expensive that the proposed route. In fact the old Taylor University Building which is said to be in a bad state of disrepair, could be purchased and the land used for a station serving the medium to high density neighbourhood of Skyrattler. The only reason I can see for them not using this superior route is that they are too invested in the existing one which requires the train to be squeezed through a very tight line before making a hard right turn to get to 119th Street. At the first meeting the consultants said that they would have oil sprayed on the tracks to deal with the noise of the tracks on the tight corner. I can't believe that would be considered acceptable in the world of 21st century environmental standards. Just look at a city map and you can see why it's a better route. I stay build it right or don't build it at all.

Comment

• that route has severe environment impacts on the blackmud creek. There's more people closer to 111th street. Your proposed route is futher away from the majority of riders
                      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Working...
                      X