• 1967 Rapid Transit - Downtown

Hold the phone.

https://issuu.com/aesdl/docs/edmonto...67_-_urban_ren

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

The future is now!

https://issuu.com/aesdl/docs/edmonto...61_-_rapid_tra

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Thanks Ian, love the maps. How's that for forward thinking!
      Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

Just goes to show that if we used the existing rail right of ways as proposed in 61, 67 we would already have a much larger LRT system. Now we have GMU, Arena, and a new museum instead.
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

I'd never noticed before that that plan uses the CN ROW to go east and west, 15 years before the Yellowhead Trail snagged that real estate. I'm not sure that those would be particularly useful lines.

Definitely too bad that a 104/105ave ROW wasn't reserved, and I still think that the 121 st ROW as in combination with other existing Rail lines is the best way to get to St. Albert.
          There can only be one.

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
            Interesting
            Spotted this:
            Page 13
            ‘The subway would provide civil defence shelter protection in the Central Business District...’

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
              Just goes to show that if we used the existing rail right of ways as proposed in 61, 67 we would already have a much larger LRT system. Now we have GMU, Arena, and a new museum instead.
              And a much faster LRT system too. Also, it didn't have to be an either / or. We could have had it all.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
                Originally posted by IanO View Post
                Interesting
                Spotted this:
                Page 13
                ‘The subway would provide civil defence shelter protection in the Central Business District...’
                That's still the plan for the existing tunnel, should the need ever arise.
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Working...
                X