Kathleen Andrews Transit Garage - North East | Planning/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathleen Andrews Transit Garage - North East | Planning/Discussion

Pegged at approximately $130 million. Site would be the field with the smokestack near 66st and Fort Road. Would replace the aging Westwood Garage near NAIT.
    Last edited by jstock; 08-07-2013, 09:57 AM. Reason: Westwood.
    $2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75 $2.85 $3.00 $3.20 $3.25

Any word if the smokestack will be saved / used for the new building? Id love for it to stay.
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

It'd better be staying.

Maybe a little traffic circle to access the different garages or something.

Comment

I presume it will be staying considering the whole Fort Road design features it.
        $2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75 $2.85 $3.00 $3.20 $3.25

Comment

ACK!!! I hope we don't loose this...

http://capitalmodernedmonton.com/bui...ransit-garage/
          "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

What is wrong with this^ It's a transit garage not an art gallery.
            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

^^ agreed.... and hope it might be reincorporated into a future use.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Sorry, I misinterpreted EDP's "ACK!" as a sign of disgust that he thought it looked ugly.
                Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

I hope they can also relocate the maintenance garages at around 80th street and 116th ave up to the new site.
                  Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

The city yards at 95st along the LRT tracks should be relocated to this location when ETS moves out. Public works has something like 4 non-contiguous lots there. And as much as the city wants to redevelop the blatchford area to higher use, they also want to redevelop the quarters, and those yards are much more desirable than the Westwood site in the long term.

Comment

Is there a timeline for this new garage being built?

Comment

I hope the stack stays as well!

Comment

I find it regrettable that they would put a transit garage in that brownfield location. IMHO, we already have way too many city owned yards along the NE LRT line. The old Capital Packers/Imperial Lumber site is twice the size as Station Pointe and could house twice the units without all the expropriation hassles. The CN line only touches the extreme NE corner and we could put a simple LRT station with direct access to the site.

Comment

^agreed other than it is a nice central site. I had hoped for a power centre!

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

It's pretty much cut off from everything else around it. LRT to the east, Yellowhead to the south, CN tracks to the north. Once 66 st access to the Yellowhead is cut off then the only access will be via Fort Road. Can't really see the use of a LRT station there. It's not like the area is going to get a TOD. Perhaps some retail along Fort Rod with the garage in the back would be best.

Comment

Working...
                              X