No announcement yet.

87 ave LRT route - the continued discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Don't forget lang term plans for the existing lines call for more community stations to be added to it
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

We are a long, long way away from the point Calgary is where their downtown density and real estate availability mean astronomical parking rates. Didn't Impark drop their downtown fees the same month the Southgate and Century Park stations opened?

As far as the downtown is concerned, it's speed.
      I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Originally posted by Dialog View Post
        We are a long, long way away from the point Calgary is where their downtown density and real estate availability mean astronomical parking rates. Didn't Impark drop their downtown fees the same month the Southgate and Century Park stations opened?

As far as the downtown is concerned, it's speed.
        Galgary is where they are at mostly because they set a cap on the number of parking spots in the core and stuck to that cap.

They said what they meant and meant what they said.
        "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

I'm done. I was just saying that the more logical split would be at South Campus, not Health Sciences. This would essentially kill any future ponderings of an 87th Ave line.

Comment

Here is some earlier discussion I found.
            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Working...
            X