Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West LRT | Downtown to Lewis Estates | Conceptual Discussion About Approved Route

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• envaneo
    replied
    Yes but all those items you mentioned would cost a lot less and get the job done more efficiently. The WLRT is cast in stone. There could be the odd tweak but essentially this is what we're going to get.

A BRT system might fit into ETS's plans when they revamp their system cutting routes in half. A BRT would make more (on the surface) sense for cross town bus routes but to have local bus routes end at 10pm isn't making this new system user friendly.

Ok back to the WLRT. They were saying on the news last night, that there is a lot of parking behind businesses on Stony Plain Road and narrowing the sidewalks to fit 2 way traffic at the sacrifice of no left turns? What about traffic on the corner of 156th heading South to get into the South lane of Stony Plain Road heading East? How is that going to happen?

Leave a comment:

• The_Cat
    replied
    At least the LRT won’t interfere with the traffic on 100 Avenue. I hope that this area can improve, given all the pawnshops.

Leave a comment:

• GenWhy?
    replied
    BRT system would need a dedicated or semi-dedicated ROW, intersection traffic light upgrades / que jumps, new buses. Next election, right?

Leave a comment:

• envaneo
    replied
    A BRT system would cost less and give more. I'm afraid this is going to be a slow white elephant street car.

Leave a comment:

• jason403
    replied
    I understand that costs obviously have a huge impact on these projects, and that not every infrastructure improvement can be implemented, yet I am astonished that there isn't an overpass/tunnel/elevated section at 142 St and 149 St. These roads are already extremely congested, especially at rush hour. Now there will be less lanes, and this is a major roadway to exit west from downtown.

Also these trains will be stopping at red lights along this stretch? I just see huge problems down the road with this plan, that will be too costly to fix after construction will be complete.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X