Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West LRT | Downtown to Lewis Estates | Conceptual Discussion About Approved Route

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is the other thread created to discuss different routes and ideas for WLRT.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• Typical Edmonton, accept mediocrity... and move on. It's no wonder our mass transit system causes fits of laughter from parts that understand what real transit is like. Enjoy the modal shift to transit not happening at all. Enjoy Edmonton continuing to have the lowest transit usage for major cities in Canada.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• So discussing the plan that will actually be built, not daydreaming for 10 years about an alternate reality, is accepting mediocrity?

Comment

• Well, given that the current plan is mediocre at best, kinda?
          Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Yes, if the plan is mediocre.

And It's not quite a done deal yet.
            There can only be one.

Comment

• By focusing on a former route like Health Sciences->87th you're also kind of accepting mediocrity because your solution is very unlikely to be built. So if you shifted your focus to the *real* route and the issues that come with it, those efforts would be moving us away from mediocrity rather than essentially spinning your tires and hoping for a miracle. Unless you're actively lobbying council to reconsider the routing, of course.

Talking about it 87th routing at this point is basically yelling into the void is all I'm getting at. I don't really see it as a productive use of anybody's time. Voices have been heard, stances have been solidly entrenched. Any time any conversation happens about West LRT it gets sidetracked by 87th route chatter from the same voices. There is no news on the 87th route, so we don't need to keep hearing about it.
              Last edited by Alex.L; 16-04-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenco View Post
                Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                Originally posted by Glenco View Post
                The routing has been decided it is getting built as is. Move on.
                Just like the route was decided in 2008, things can and will change. Discuss at will.
                Having problems letting go?
                The city bureaucracy has decided, the city knows best, do not question the city. They are omni impotent.

Comment

• Yes. They did the Metro line so flawlessly. Shall I mention some of the other perfectly planned projects?
                  Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• ^ I think Dave was making hyperbole here.....
                    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

• No, sarcasm. If it was a billion times better, that would be hyperbolic sarcasm.
                      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Well I think its perfectly fine to discuss the route as the city has decided. There are some good things they have decided upon and there are a few things that need to be reviewed for sure. As I mentioned before, the other thread was created to discuss other route options and I think that is where the routes such as Health Sciences/87th should be discussed and debated. Personally I may like that other route option but I don't think this thread needs to have that discussion. Issues here should really focus on tweaks to the proposed line, grade separations, etc... That's my two cents on that anyways.
                        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• alley Line West LRT stops and stations names released
                          April 25, 2018

The City of Edmonton’s Naming Committee has announced the approved names for the 14 street-level stops and two elevated stations along the future Valley Line West LRT extension:

Alex Decoteau Stop
                          Norquest Stop
                          MacEwan Arts/112 Street Stop
                          The Yards/116 Street Stop
                          Brewery/120 Street Stop
                          124 Street Glenora Stop
                          Grovenor/142 Street Stop
                          Stony Plain Road/149 Street Stop
                          Jasper Place Stop Glenwood/Sherwood Stop
                          Meadowlark Stop
                          Misericordia Station
                          West Edmonton Mall Station
                          Aldergrove/Belmead Stop
                          Lewis Farms Stop

The stop names were primarily chosen based on location to support passenger wayfinding. The Alex Decoteau Stop pays tribute to Alex Decoteau, who joined the Edmonton Police Service in 1911, becoming Canada’s first Indigenous police officer. The Yards/116 St. Stop is a historic reference to the CN Rail Yards that previously operated in the area.

As part of the City Planning Branch, the Naming Committee approves names for municipal facilities, new neighbourhoods, parks and roads. This name selection process involves input from City administration and consultation with Citizen Working Groups along the Valley Line route.

The 14 km Valley Line West extension is the second stage of the Valley Line LRT, an urban-style 27 km line that will operate between Mill Woods in southeast Edmonton and Lewis Farms in west Edmonton.

The project team is reviewing the preliminary design completed in 2013, and working to be procurement-ready later this year. Once procurement begins, the Valley Line West LRT Project will take approximately one year to select a contractor and another five years for construction.

For more information:
                          edmonton.ca/valleylinewest

Media contact:
                          Cory Sousa
                          Principal Planner
                          Naming Committee & Addressing
                          780-496-6226

Jennifer Villeneuve
                          Acting Communications Advisor
                          Valley Line West
                          780-508-9167

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• Once again I will voice my displeasure at the / names knowing that it will not make any difference. I wish they would just pick one. Add the cross streets to the map and be done with it.

Comment

• ^concur.

Love that they chose Alex Decoteau as the stop name and of course The Yards!

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• Some of them are a miss (e.g. Stony Plain/149 St, MacEwan Arts, Glenwood/Sherwood) but the rest are fine with me.
                                “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                                X