Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West LRT | Downtown to Lewis Estates | Conceptual Discussion About Approved Route

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's good. I did a reverse commute years ago. Lived DT and worked in the west end. Smooth sailing.

Comment

• Ha...I did the same thing years ago...lived on 121 Street...worked out west.
      President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

• Originally posted by noodle View Post

...I normally HATE memes...but this one is perfect for the topic. Slow service and planned congestion!

Comment

• Originally posted by GenWhy? View Post
          Oh I assume over 275 at rush hour. Ok I re-read everything.

Platform Length: 84 metres
          1 Flexity 7-module Car Length: 30.8 metres

Platform capacity allows 2 7-module cars at over 550 "comfortable ridership capacity". Correct? Running at a max of 5-minute frequency at peak time?
          Originally posted by Highlander II View Post
          With 30m vehicles it could be possible to get 3 cars into an 84m platform if the front/rear doors are far enough from the end of the car. otherwise a design that requires a 84m platform for just 60m of vehicle seem excessive.
          Again 5 segment cars are 30 meters, 7 segment cars are 42......

The only conceivable way of getting a longer train would be to order a single long LRV

Comment

• So in other words at peak hour its going to be like a wagon train with trains backed up from 156th street to 149th street heading West? Also what about vehicle traffic on SPR heading East at the SPR/156th street intersection? How are 2 lanes of Eastbound traffic going to merge into one lane Eastbound?
            Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

• tough luck according to the city. everyone will be riding LRT instead, remember.

Comment

• Pardon my rough sketch here so, is the train going to merge from 2 tracks into one as in my sketch here?

Comment

• Vancouver, Toronto etc have natural barriers to growth that do wonders for driving up desirability and real estate prices in certain areas. Of course, sometimes man can duplicate natural effects.

Comment

• One of the worst things about Edmonton's traffic are the four-lane roads in the older neighbourhoods. Traffic definitely sped up when Fort Road was widened.

I think the city is going to have a hell of a surprise when traffic spills over to collector routes like 142 Street and 95 Avenue.
                    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• 142 is not a collector. It's an arterial by any definition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
                        Originally posted by Stevey_G View Post
                        There’s a couple arrogant people with little intelligence on this board that like to troll, I would just ignore it. If a person wants to do research on mass transit or the public perception of it, then why not go to message boards where the demographics range widely? I have no problems with curiosity, and nor do 99 percent of people here. So ask away Reece.
                        savage but true
                        oh, i know; it's just awful...

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
                          142 is not a collector. It's an arterial by any definition.

Exactly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
                            142 is not a collector. It's an arterial by any definition.
                            Correct. There are 2 types of roads as defined by the City of Edmonton: Collector and local. I got an education about this when we did the Jasper Ave. Make over survey.

Comment

• Judging by how their performance, late, overbudget, ignoring many citizens, I wouldn't advise on trusting their material. See what other cities do and form opinions based on best practices.

Enough about the rant, I still think it should go over or under 149th up to the curve down 156th Street.

Comment

• What about the 2 lanes of traffic heading East along Stony Plain road at the 156th street intersection? What's going to happen with them?

Comment

Working...
                                X