This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Bombardier lay off is here.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/bombardier-layoffs-thunder-bay-1.5206009

I think our cars have already been built waiting to take delivery. I hope.

Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

• Well if they're made in Kingston - which I don't think they are - why would you be "hoping" that they were made already?

Comment

• Our trains are being made in Kingston, not Thunder Bay. The whole reason they are laying off is because they have no more orders to fulfill. Don’t worry, this doesn’t affect us at all.

Comment

• Good...one less obstacle that our group needs....could care less if Bombardier went bankrupt after our order was filled....

Comment

• Intersection at 100 St has the bricks being laid. Hopefully with decent weather they’ll open up a week early like 101 St.
            My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Comment

• I will have to go for another photography session if I have the time.
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• ^me too
                LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• Lets get at 'er boys...chop, chop

Comment

• ^ I still think we should have bought our cars from Siemens. The Avenio types of cars would have been great here and we have had a good relationship with Siemens in the past.

https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility/rail-solutions/rolling-stock/trams-and-light-rail/avenio.html

Comment

• These photos that SDM and others are posting here on this project are awesome. Thanks for posting them boys, keep up the good work.

Comment

• Yikes, looks like our fearless leader 'ol Kenney wants to put the brakes on Calgary's Green Line.....which is good since we lost our SuperLab - Sh*tkicker town can lose something as well........

Comment

• Yeah, the Green Line has become a major, divisive issue down there.

As for the Valley Line cars evaneo - that wasn't the city's decision. The decision was that of the P3 consortium that won the bidding.
                          ... gobsmacked

Comment

• Expect Valley West to also be on the chopping block.

Comment

• Originally posted by McBoo View Post
                              Yeah, the Green Line has become a major, divisive issue down there.

As for the Valley Line cars evaneo - that wasn't the city's decision. The decision was that of the P3 consortium that won the bidding.
                              Thanks. I didn't think that the City had anything to do with the Valley line cars contract. As for Calgary's Green line its proposed to be a $7b project. We have funding in place already for WLRT don't we?

Comment

• We HAD funding in place.

Bit hard to find $1.04B in Provincial money from the climate leadership plan now that we have no carbon tax, climate leadership, nor plan.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...nton-1.4887712

The projects are made possible through the NDP's climate leadership plan, which "some folks" would like to see cancelled, Notley said."If we listen to them all of this construction would be stopped," Notley said. "We don't agree with that approach."
                                "Some folks" are now running Alberta.
                                Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Working...
                                X