This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG I'm amazed at this LRT momentum.

Plan it out, and your argument for funding gets so much more credible.

Comment

One thing that I hope for from Sherwood Park/Strathcona County. I hope they chip in on the leg of the LRT going to Sherwood Park. It will be money well spent.
      "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

I agree, NINTman, if Edmonton has a vision for the LRT, there will be a greater chance of the LRT accomplishing its goal. I look forward to seeing what the LRT will look like in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
          I agree, NINTman, if Edmonton has a vision for the LRT, there will be a greater chance of the LRT accomplishing its goal. I look forward to seeing what the LRT will look like in 2020.
          It is almost too good to be true. Now is the perfect time for our Council to get together and work together, not bicker over details (which our city transport team can iron out). Alberta has money, the Feds have money, and there is a real commitment by people to do something about the environment - I can think of no better way, than building a truely great transit system in our great city.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
            It is almost too good to be true. Now is the perfect time for our Council to get together and work together, not bicker over details (which our city transport team can iron out). Alberta has money, the Feds have money, and there is a real commitment by people to do something about the environment - I can think of no better way, than building a truely great transit system in our great city.
            I agree moahunter, I think the lesson that the City has learned about LRT or other transportation projects is that our council has to show leadership, instead of getting caught up in endless details, or getting derailed by a small but vocal interest group.

Comment

If it goes up Connors Road, I will have to start campaigning for a stop at the top of the hill!

Comment

Originally posted by DanC View Post
                If it goes up Connors Road, I will have to start campaigning for a stop at the top of the hill!
                thinking of the grade, i would like to see what actually is proposed. it might be really tricky.

Comment

Here's a good map by my friend Onishenko made:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...47f59&t=h&z=10
                  Last edited by NINTman; 15-03-2008, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Bus Rapid Transit loop between Health Sciences Station on the sLRT line and Bonnie Doon Station on the proposed Millwoods LRT line. No dedicated ROW. Attractive BRT busses can shuttle people quickly along Whyte avenue to both LRT stations.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...60332&t=h&z=13

Comment

Also, a little off topic, but a tram line to serve West Jasper ave and 104th ave.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...d9b87882a&z=15

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                        It is almost too good to be true.
                        That was my first thought, absolutely great news and how cool would it be to have simultaneous construction on 3 lines, that way we could get a station/year rather that waiting 2 or 3 years. Now we just need funding, come on "Feds and Ed" it would send a great message re green policy and help keep us a nice shade of dark blue.
                        Edmonton, Capital of Alberta

Comment

Originally posted by NINTman View Post
                          Here's a good map by my friend Onishenko:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...47f59&t=h&z=10
                          I like it! I especially like the route through Rossdale on its way to its terminal at Grandin Station. A station at 97 Ave and 105 St can service Telus field, Rossdale plant and the Kinsmen.

If that doesn't fly, another alternative for the downtown route:
                          From Connors Hill, run along a new bridge along the Low Level Bridge, then underground below the MacDonald Hotel to Churchill station.
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Here is an Anthony Henday BRT line that can also have implications for the Millwoods LRT.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...7a552f792&z=12

Comment

isnt it gonna connect at century park to the slrt? seriously though what is south of century park, other than the airport theres no real need to pass the henday.
                              be offended! figure out why later...

Comment

Originally posted by richardW View Post
                                isnt it gonna connect at century park to the slrt? seriously though what is south of century park, other than the airport theres no real need to pass the henday.
                                I would suggest you take a drive down there, and picture what its going to look like in 10 years of growth
                                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Working...
                                X