Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if this is going to be a P3 why is the City of Edmonton doing so much of the design work? Seems like the city should put a general outline of the plan, but the P3 consortium would fine tune it and work out the details.

The P3 in Vancouver made significant changes in selection of the trains, increased tunneling for example.

Comment

• Evergreen is not a P3... only a single station is.
      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

• Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
        Evergreen is not a P3... only a single station is.
        Not a true P3 but private firms will build and operate it. But the BC government will oversee construction.
        http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_rele...090-001491.htm

Comment

• ^interesting to see went with SNC again. I guess no dictators in Vancouver to worry about appeasing.

Comment

• Where would one find dictators in any other Canadian city moahunter? You post seems to suggest that one might find one if they look outside of Vancouver, so I'm curious.
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• ^its a humorous (maybe just to me?) reference to some issues that SNC is having re Libya.

Comment

• Originally posted by sundance View Post
                Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                Evergreen is not a P3... only a single station is.
                Not a true P3 but private firms will build and operate it. But the BC government will oversee construction.
                Thanks I was doing research into it but I didnt have time to post...

Almost correct.... build and maintain the system but not operate. Likely because it is integrated into the existing skytrain network where the Canada line is fully independent so the evergreen is operated by Metrolinx or whatever its called.
                Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 17-10-2012, 09:58 AM.
                "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

• New video released - Mill Woods to City Centre:

Snow!
                  Last edited by GreenSPACE; 17-10-2012, 10:26 AM.
                  www.decl.org

Comment

• New SE LRT video
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksUS...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• ^ I like it!

Comment

^ I like it!
                        Its excellent. Very similar to Calgary's NW line through UofC, in that:

- it ends up like a suburban system with parknrides and big stations
                        - it is more urban closer in

But a generation ahead, because it uses more modern technology (low floor). It sure doesn't look like a tram/streetcar anywhere on the line (Notice there are 10 segments on the train near Churchill). Muttart station is cool (that little area is even more desirable to live in with this).
                        Last edited by moahunter; 17-10-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Looks great in that video, thanks for posting it GreenSPACE.

Comment

Almost correct.... build and maintain the system but not operate.

From the news post (3rd last paragraph)
                            ...TransLink is contributing $400 million and will operate the Evergreen Line when it is complete....

Comment

• Interesting, they are thinking of combining SE and West together, Iveson wants this.
                              ---
                              Council debates funding model for LRT expansion
                              http://www.630ched.com/news/edmonton...spx?ID=1792734

Comment

• ^awesome, do it, only a small price more!

I am concerned that we need a better share of the costs with Ottawa and the province, and for $800 million we're not that far from a third of the whole project."

Transportation GM Bob Boutilier has told them the current plan has the city contributing $800-million, but an additional 300-million would put them closer to the one third total of the entire $3.3 billion dollar cost of the whole line.

Council is currently meeting behind closed doors getting legal details on the negotiations with P-3 Canada, the crown corporation set up by the Harper government. (sj, lk)

Comment

Working...
                                X