Federal Election 2019 Results and Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Election 2019 Results and Aftermath

Thought I would start a new thread focusing on the election results and the aftermath.

If the polls are accurate, it's looking like a minority government most likely with the Liberals winning a handful more seats than the Conservatives.

One thing I'll be watching for tonight is if the combined seat count of the Liberals and NDP gets them past 170 seats, or if the combined Conservative and Bloc seat count gets them past 170.

A bit risky to be drawing conclusions about the 2019 campaign as we are still some hours before the polls close.

Nonetheless one of the surprises of the campaign is how Jagmeet Singh seems to have bested Elizabeth May.

Worth remembering at the beginning of the campaign that there were many thinking that the Greens could possibly finish ahead of the NDP in the seat count. When it comes to the political also ran parties, the Greens looked like the ones with momentum.

Doesn't look like things are going to turn out this way. In fact, the CBC poll tracker seat projection has the Greens winning a single seat to the NDP's 35.

Comment

My guess is that Alberta is all blue except for Edm-Strathcona, which stays orange. Very close though.

Comment

I'm just excited to be watching the election results from home. I'm usually volunteering as a scrutineer in a polling station.

Polls in Newfoundland have just closed. An early indicator of how the night might go is St. John's East. The Libs took the riding in 2015 as part of their clean sweep of the Atlantic provinces. Can the NDP's Jack Harris win it back in 2019?

Comment

82 seats liberal
          52 con
          12 bloc
          9 ndp
          1 green

170 for majority
          Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

CBC projects a Liberal government

123 seats liberal
            97 con
            30 bloc
            14 ndp
            1 green

170 for majority
            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

The Bloc crushed the liberals in Quebec. Doubled their seats and took many from Trudeau.

143 seats liberal
              104 con
              30 bloc
              20 ndp
              1 green

170 for majority

Comment

Liberal minority projected

Comment

Sohi out, wow, love that!!! #useless
                  Animals are my passion.

Comment

Scheer may be in trouble after leadership review.
                    He spoke too loudly about forming a government from a minority but the Conservatives are trailing the Liberals badly.

Comment

Edmonton centre, kick Randy useless out!!
                      Animals are my passion.

Comment

Jane Philpott lost

Comment

Kent Hehr, out!
                          Animals are my passion.

Comment

Bernier loses. By a pretty substantial amount. That's the end of that experiment I guess.

Comment

Looking at the latest projections, I see the Liberals are posed to pick up 150 seats, 20 short of the majority. If Albertans didn't insists on voting Conservative time after time after time, they could give the Liberals a majority and help them get the pipeline passed. Instead, it's more likely that the Liberals will ally with their natural allies the NDP which could make things problematic for Alberta.

Also, before people start whining about the equalization formula, remember that Trudeau simply kept the formula that was put in place by the Harper conservatives of which Jason Kenny was a senior minister.
                              Maybe if Alberta was seen as regularly having their seat in play, the other parties would spend more energy of attracting voters and the Conservatives wouldn't take them for granted.

Comment

Working...
                              X