Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee-Doodle-Dandy: Andrew Scheer is Also An American!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Can people trim their posts????

You don't have to have multiple layers of quotes.
    These ain’t short twits on Twitter.
    We aim for clarity over brevity

Comment

kkozoriz posted in post #88

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
      They are knocking him down because they know that he is about to become the new Prime Minister of Canada. Think how hard they’ll be crying on Tuesday.
      That is one example of a 6 layer deep requote

to say

And this?

The NDP is also explicitly a branch of the Canadian Labour Congress, which is by far our largest labour group, and explicitly radical.
      Please trim your posts
      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post

Correct..
        Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post

asking for multiple layers of quotes to be trimmed or avoided isn't asking for brevity over clarity. it's the reverse.

do you really think the initial post in that multi-level quote is going to be read and re-read every single time it's requoted? same with the second and the third and the fourth and the fifth and the sixth post etc. if they were read the first time, quoting any more than the last previous post is not only redundant, it makes it more awkward to scroll back in the thread if more context is desired.

besides, if there was no multi-quoting, most of the time pretty much the entire sequence would be on-screen with no need for multi-quoting.
          "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Probably not

Comment

The electoral college comparison was also interesting from the point of view of choosing to vote constituency representative or party in Canada. “...the important thing to know is that this is how it will be until the Prime Minister calls the next election. The same majority vote on every issue.” - Stephen Harper

Comment

Scheer brings his Trump style to Canadian politics.

Crowd at Conservative rally in Ontario chanted ‘lock him up’ when Scheer mentioned Trudeau
                https://globalnews.ca/news/6056190/c...-him-up-chant/
                Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

I can't recall any behaviour of this sort in Canada prior to Trump spreading his cancerous shyte around.
                  Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Originally posted by howie View Post
                    I can't recall any behaviour of this sort in Canada prior to Trump spreading his cancerous shyte around.
                    Just adds more confirmation to my sense that a lot of these party supporters/followers aren’t exactly average people, but instead have an extremist and fanatical side to them. Basically a lot of crazy people are coming out of the woodwork and showing up at these rallies.
                    Last edited by KC; 21-10-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Watched on TV. Was that H.L., Drumbones and MrOilers, leading the chants???

Comment

• Originally posted by KC View Post
                        Originally posted by howie View Post
                        Just adds more confirmation to my sense that a lot of these party supporters/followers aren’t exactly average people, but instead have an extremist and fanatical side to them. Basically a lot of crazy people are coming out of the woodwork and showing up at these rallies.
                        I love how Scheer shut the few idiots down, he did so right away, and changed it to , vote him out, which the whole room loved. My SIL was at that rally, it was four people that started the stupid chant. Anyway, thank goodness he didn't pull a stunt where his life was in danger..lol
                        Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                        X