No announcement yet.

In Wilson-Raybould's own words.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you claim you didn't edit it but you did to avoid a legal implication while at the same time you are stating the other side lied.

Then yes.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
      If you claim you didn't edit it but you did to avoid a legal implication while at the same time you are stating the other side lied.

Then yes.
      given the definition of lie is a falsehood while the definition of falsehood is a lie, i'm not sure how substituting one for the other can somehow be taken as an attempt or effort to avoid a legal implication.

and i haven't seen any statements saying that it wasn't edited, only that it wasn't deleted.
      "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by kcantor View Post
        Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
        If you claim you didn't edit it but you did to avoid a legal implication while at the same time you are stating the other side lied.

Then yes.
        given the definition of lie is a falsehood while the definition of falsehood is a lie, i'm not sure how substituting one for the other can somehow be taken as an attempt or effort to avoid a legal implication.

and i haven't seen any statements saying that it wasn't edited, only that it wasn't deleted.
        From the article posted:

But Chagger pointed to a tweet Scheer posted on March 31, the same day he received Porter's letter. Originally, it referred to Trudeau telling "lies" about not knowing about a conversation the clerk of the Privy Council, Michael Wernick, had with Wilson-Raybould on Dec. 19. The tweet was later deleted and a new one posted, she said, to replace the word "lies" with "falsehoods."

Comment

• Originally posted by KC View Post
          Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
          Liberals say lawsuit threat needed to stop Scheer's 'misinformation' on SNC-Lavalin
          https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/libe...alin-1.4371206
          Liberals are defending Justin Trudeau's threatened libel suit against Andrew Scheer, arguing that the Conservative leader's editing or deleting online statements proves he knows he's gone too far in criticizing the prime minister's handling of the SNC-Lavalin affair.

"The leader of the Opposition pretends that he will not back down and he tries to make a show out of it," Government House leader Bardish Chagger told the House of Commons on Monday. "We know that is false because while he is saying that, he has already been editing online statements or erasing them entirely."
          Scheer denied having edited or deleted any posts on Twitter.

"No, I have not deleted tweets because I stand by everything I said in those statements," he said.

But Chagger pointed to a tweet Scheer posted on March 31, the same day he received Porter's letter. Originally, it referred to Trudeau telling "lies" about not knowing about a conversation the clerk of the Privy Council, Michael Wernick, had with Wilson-Raybould on Dec. 19. The tweet was later deleted and a new one posted, she said, to replace the word "lies" with "falsehoods."
          So who is lying now?
          Everyone?
          JT ran away, because it's not about tweets, it's about our lying PM

PS. Chagger said he edited his tweets, until someone informed her , no edit button on twitter, it was hilarious. Scheer called JTs bluff and like the little boy he is, he took a personal day..awww.
          Rofl...
          I'm betting Scheer will want to go to court, JT, under oath? No way..
          Animals are my passion.

Comment

• ^

bold the whole statement - it's not including "to replace the word lies with falsehoods" that changes the implication of the action from editing to deleting.

Comment

• I'm ready for court! I love the law. I'm thinking JT will back right off. My goodness, SNC, the gift that keeps on giving.
              JT, who ever is advising you now, please keep them..lol!
              Animals are my passion.

Comment

• By deleting the original tweet, he's hoping to prevent it being shown that it was ever said in the first place. He could have issued a second tweet saying, "The word lies was used in error and should have stated falsehoods. I apologize for the error.". That's how you'd edit on Twitter. Not by playing "I never said that, just loot a my tweet stream and see if you can find it".

Comment

• Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                  I'm ready for court! I love the law. I'm thinking JT will back right off. My goodness, SNC, the gift that keeps on giving.
                  JT, who ever is advising you now, please keep them..lol!
                  Really? Even though it's the court that stopped the pipelines and ordered more consultation and environmental assessment?

Wow, who knew?

Comment

• The courts didn't kill Energy East, Northern Gateway, either directly or through onerous laws Justin did.

Comment

• No, Trans-Canada killed Energy East

TransCanada Announces Termination of Energy East Pipeline and Eastern Mainline Projects

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - Oct. 5, 2017) - News Release - TransCanada Corporation (TSX:TRP) (NYSE:TRP) (TransCanada) announced today it will no longer be proceeding with its proposed Energy East Pipeline and Eastern Mainline projects.

Following is a statement from TransCanada President and Chief Executive Officer Russ Girling:

After careful review of changed circumstances, we will be informing the National Energy Board that we will no longer be proceeding with our Energy East and Eastern Mainline applications. TransCanada will also notify Quebec's Ministère du Developpement durable, de l'Environnement, et Lutte contre les changements climatiques that it is withdrawing the Energy East project from the environmental review process.

http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...rp-2236161.htm
                      And

Tories deny responsibility for 'critical' Trans Mountain mistake made under Stephen Harper's watch

The Trans Mountain expansion is now facing uncertainty in the wake of the ruling which has brought construction to a halt, until the government addresses the mistakes outlined in the unanimous court ruling, signed by Justice Eleanor Dawson.

Dawson wrote that the Trudeau government was given "flawed" recommendations by the National Energy Board (NEB), which had been tasked by the Harper government to review the pipeline expansion. Dawson wrote that the NEB made a “critical error” when it decided not to include tanker traffic, a move the court said sparked a chain reaction of “unacceptable deficiencies" that tainted the NEB’s final report.

The NEB, which says it operates at arms length from the government, took that so-called “scoping” decision on April 2, 2014, during the 2011-2015 majority government of former Conservative prime minister Stephen Harper. The review was done under rules that were changed by a major overhaul of Canada's environmental laws by the Harper government in 2012.

Several critics, including federal Liberals while in opposition, had warned that the process and rules set up by Harper were biased and damaging public confidence in the approval of major projects.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...-under-stephen
                      Harper tied to loosen the rules, the courts slapped them down.
                      Last edited by kkozoriz; 14-04-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Trans-Canada killed it why? Because of the uncertain laws and approval process, Bill C-48, C-69. All created by Justin

Comment

• C-48 is a tanker ban in northern BC. Energy East was going, wait for it, east. Unless the tankers were going to go from St. John through the Arctic, C-48 has nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                            C-48 is a tanker ban in northern BC. Energy East was going, wait for it, east. Unless the tankers were going to go from St. John through the Arctic, C-48 has nothing to do with it.
                            st.john through the arctic might actually have been more achievable than getting from one side of quebec to the other. or at least getting from one side of quebec to the other going from west to east. going from east to west they don't seem to have any issue with either pipelines or tankers.

Comment

• The big complaint is that it was a bitumen pipeline. Harder to clean up spills, especially in water. Upgrade it here, allow the refineries along the route to tap into it and you'd see a lot less opposition. Of course, you'd still have to deal with the increased taker traffic, threats of spills and danger to the marine life in the Bay of Fundy. But at least it could be sold as Canadians buying a Canadian product.

Much easier to insist that it's for export and unusable by most people along the route. That'll convince them to support it.

Comment

• I hope both Philpott and Wilson-Raybould win
                                https://globalnews.ca/video/5324028/...deral-election

Comment

Working...
                                X