In Wilson-Raybould's own words.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Wilson-Raybould's own words.

There was a ‘consistent and sustained effort,’ ‘veiled threats’ on SNC-Lavalin affair: Wilson-Raybould

No commentary from me, other than I find it interesting this isn't its own thread.
    President and CEO - Airshow.

From CBC

Wilson-Raybould says she faced political pressure, 'veiled threats' on SNC-Lavalin; PM urged her to 'help out'

Comment

CTV

'Veiled threats': Wilson-Raybould says she was pressured on SNC-Lavalin

Comment

This story gets crazier and crazier. Where does it go from here?? I can see it earning the liberals more votes in Quebec as they love corrupt officials.

Comment

Chin,Butts, Morneau, Telford, Wernick and JT. Etc etc..10 names
          Pressure, omg, what pressure. She's calm, smart and measured. I didn't think liberals were smart, I'd vote for her...she has no confidence in JT, and I never had..He was dug in, everyone knows what that meant..she was going to have to leave her AG position, so a toady could go in, and say yes to all names above..
          Animals are my passion.

Comment

Global national played highlights, and said they had never seen anything like this before in Ottawa.
            Rule.of.law JT, eh?

https://globalnews.ca/video/4976045/...nds-guilty-ndp
            Last edited by H.L.; 27-02-2019, 04:18 PM.
            Animals are my passion.

Comment

This not only is a political blemish, this sinks the election for the Liberals.

Or, perhaps Canadians can't be awaken from their slumber and nothing will happen. Canadians though, in my experience, sway their votes much more wildly than other countries so I'd expect a mandate change this coming election.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetcrude View Post
                This not only is a political blemish, this sinks the election for the Liberals.

Or, perhaps Canadians can't be awaken from their slumber and nothing will happen. Canadians though, in my experience, sway their votes much more wildly than other countries so I'd expect a mandate change this coming election.
                And now Trudeau's response to Wilson-Raybould's testimony today, of course, is to blame the former Attorney General citing protection of jobs and pensions for Canadians.

And here I thought the Attorney General's mandate was to act as the top prosecuting officer for our country.

Is a very odd sword to fall on for Trudeau, but this seems to be what may have happened today.

"Protecting jobs and economic growth" does not seem to rise to the level of good reason to not adhere to our own laws. Striking.

Scheer calling for resignation...
                Singh calling for public inquiry...

Comment

Trudeau wants to hold onto as many seats as he can in Quebec so it makes sense to say hes concerned about jobs.

The jobs out west he can care less about.

Comment

Why did Trudeau expect JWR to change her mind on SNC?

Because there will be an election and he's the MP for Papineau. ..
                    A blatant attempt to influence the justice system for political gain...huge trouble ahead for him and his stink
                    Animals are my passion.

Comment

Jobs in Alberta must be lost by a court decision appeasing a few people in bc but jobs in Quebec matter so much that the government must interfere with the courts regarding criminal matters of a company. I’m beginning to think he actually bought out Kinder Morgan Canada just to stop the pipelines from being built as Andrew Sheer stated when he was here. Hmm.
                      Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

I think it is higher power than Canada. As long as we haver no means to transport raw materials internationally, we are forced to sell at penny rates to the Americans who then can export that pennies to make dollars in raw crude alone, not to mention the endless byproducts' potential. We have better technology now decades later than when the current pipeline was built. Corporates and Citizens have ever increased in participating in cognitive and active measures to ensure that the environment has protection, so why would we be so fearful ? They know a clean environment is a must for procurement, development, and reputation. Natives or not, we can't go back to bows, arrows, and horses anymore, and we have this resource that can put our province and country in a better position to transition into the next wave of economics. It is high time we all work a resolution. Afiter NAFTA, I can't solely trust USA to be behind us completely.
                        " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

Originally posted by H.L. View Post

A blatant attempt to influence the justice system for political gain...huge trouble ahead for him and his stink
                          Again, in JER’s own words. It wasn’t illegal. She was never made or directly told to do something specific. She chose not to resign, which is the appropriate thing to do, like those in the Saturday night massacre did. She took another position incabnet and even after stepping down from cabinet has remained a liberal.

JWR has her own political ambitions. The volume of calls/meetings may leave a poor taste in our mouths but on the other hand this is poltics. And you cant expect things not to be explored through a political Lense. She was the minister and she had control and made her choice not to interfere. It’s not like she personally choose to procecute. That’s the job of the justice department who will truest be run by the deputy ministers of justice, they are the heavily lifters.

I won’t be surprised if JWR has ambitions to be PM. Good on her for it as well....but doesn’t mean she didn’t leak this story and leak it in such a way that it’s done to her benifit.

I can respect people who believe that large corporations should be allowed to fail like small ones are. That industries like the oil patch, bombardier, Ford, gm and banks should not get subsidies.. we may even find some common ground. It is not however a reason to make fun or belittle people for things like choosing education as a career and field of study.

Outside of a handful of people who are poli geeks I don’t know who will hear any of this over the noise of Cohen and Trumps failed summit. It’s hard to continue to be upset when the person who should be the most upset didn’t resign from the party and admits that nothing illegal was done.
                          "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by Drumbones View Post
                            Jobs in Alberta must be lost by a court decision appeasing a few people in bc but jobs in Quebec matter so much that the government must interfere with the courts regarding criminal matters of a company. I’m beginning to think he actually bought out Kinder Morgan Canada just to stop the pipelines from being built as Andrew Sheer stated when he was here. Hmm.
                            I've always thought that's something Butts thought up, the carbon tax was Butts. The other half, Telford is still there.
                            JT said it was all her, JWR , final decision, then proceeded to pressure her, along with others. Unelected officials have far too much say, Butts/Telford spoke for him..
                            Telford said that if Jody is nervous, we'll line up op-eds..isn't that cute? Did JWR buckle? No!
                            She's not Wynne, Telford!
                            Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                              Originally posted by H.L. View Post

Again, in JER’s own words. It wasn’t illegal. She was never made or directly told to do something specific. She chose not to resign, which is the appropriate thing to do, like those in the Saturday night massacre did. She took another position incabnet and even after stepping down from cabinet has remained a liberal.

JWR has her own political ambitions. The volume of calls/meetings may leave a poor taste in our mouths but on the other hand this is poltics. And you cant expect things not to be explored through a political Lense. She was the minister and she had control and made her choice not to interfere. It’s not like she personally choose to procecute. That’s the job of the justice department who will truest be run by the deputy ministers of justice, they are the heavily lifters.

I won’t be surprised if JWR has ambitions to be PM. Good on her for it as well....but doesn’t mean she didn’t leak this story and leak it in such a way that it’s done to her benifit.

I can respect people who believe that large corporations should be allowed to fail like small ones are. That industries like the oil patch, bombardier, Ford, gm and banks should not get subsidies.. we may even find some common ground. It is not however a reason to make fun or belittle people for things like choosing education as a career and field of study.

Outside of a handful of people who are poli geeks I don’t know who will hear any of this over the noise of Cohen and Trumps failed summit. It’s hard to continue to be upset when the person who should be the most upset didn’t resign from the party and admits that nothing illegal was done.
                              Interesting that you're siding with JT on this and framing it as manipulative, self serving, female blind ambition, on the part of Raybould. What a disgustingly ironic pov.

The most obvious thing in this whole proceeding is that Raybould is exhibiting integrity. But accepting that would cause you to question the liberals, and JT, and so instead you throw integrity under the bus and say its at fault. Blame it on the person that believed in right over wrong and that believed in the integrity and impartiality of the judicial system.
                              Last edited by Replacement; 28-02-2019, 06:45 AM.
                              "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Working...
                              X