X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BC and Green Hypocrite Lobby Today

Great article about the real truth.

http://business.financialpost.com/op...trans-mountain

An opinion piece written by a member of the Canadian Petroleum Hall of Fame in a paper known for its heavy-handed right-wing bias doesn't really pass the smell test for "truth".
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Why don't you actually address what he said, as opposed to who said it and where?

Comment

Because it's got more spin in it than a gold-medal figure skating routine? The guy has built his entire career around dismantling what he sees as pesky government oversight in O&G. His historical nostalgia over the good ol' days when governments knew how to get outta the way of industry (who truly knows what's best for people) requires a level of willful ignorance that I simply can't manage.
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
          An opinion piece written by a member of the Canadian Petroleum Hall of Fame in a paper known for its heavy-handed right-wing bias doesn't really pass the smell test for "truth".
          Truth is such a loaded word, I don't think people should use it. However, I do enjoy people pointing out perceived bias either through a writer's omission or spin. So, I'd like to see where the smell test fails in this piece.

Issues with bitumen would be one major failing/omission.
          Hundreds of thousands of abandoned wells needing cleanup would be another one challenging the net benefits of that earlier era.

Others?

Comment

Bicycles made in China. Smart phones with rare metals.

Comment

Are you really trying to start the whole "unless you live an entirely self-sustainable, off-the-grid lifestyle you can't criticize our fixation on bitumen" fallacious line of discussion again?

Comment

Reality really does escape you doesn't it

Comment

You're the one posting opinions & calling them truth...

Comment

Glass houses.

Comment

Yeah, you're clearly not getting it either, what with you attempting to use a logical fallacy to prove your "truth".

Thanks for the chuckles!

Comment

I hope it really ticks you off that Premier Notley recognizes reality.

Comment

Originally posted by The Man From YEG View Post
                          I hope it really ticks you off that Premier Notley recognizes reality.
                          Actually, it doesn't.

See, not all of us live in the false dichotomy you perceive things as. One can appreciate our Premier's fairly pragmatic approach to pipelines while simultaneously decrying the O&G industry constantly & consistently trying to shirk its responsibilities and regulatory burdens for the sake of their bottom line.

Not getting all frothy & fuming about hypocrisy/glass houses leaves plenty of room for nuance.

Comment

Stop digging out of your hole

Comment

Originally posted by The Man From YEG View Post
                              Stop digging out of your hole
                              What hole? You posted an opinion piece written by a notorious industry shill with rose coloured glasses on & called it "truth" and your only retort to anyone is to call them a hypocrite because they're not 110% petrochemical free. You're incapable of seeing a complicated, complex issue as anything but black & white.

I mean, you have gotten me to shoot coffee outta my nose but I doubt that's the sort of "victory" you were shooting for. It'd be sad if it wasn't so gosh darn funny to watch you flail at trying to impugn me.

Comment

Working...
                              X