Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONS Lose Seat Held for 40 Years as Liberals Win Where It Matters!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONS Lose Seat Held for 40 Years as Liberals Win Where It Matters!!

Liberals 3 Cons 1

Ha-ha-ha!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gren...ults-1.4443695

^their share of the vote went down in 3 out of 4 of the seats, the tide is turning against boy wonder.

Comment

40 years moahunter. Net gain of 4 seats in Bye-Elections since Prime Minister Trudeau became leader! The tide has gone out for the CONS!!

Comment

^seats demographics change over time. Once Liberal seats will become conservative, and once conservative ones will become Liberal. Its because of changing populations, and changing seat boundaries. The real story here is that the Liberals support is dropping in the popular vote. If you spread that over the entire country and all the swing seats, it spells trouble. And Scheer hasn't even started campaigning yet.

Comment

The real story is that the CONS lost again even when Scheer visited the riding twice during the campaign.

Comment

The Liberals winning in Surrey/Whiterock would be about as convincing a political climate change as the NDP winning provincial election in Alberta. I'm neutral, and I can see that.

Moa stated; "Seat demographics change" Well, I'd say the Liberals are doing a better job capturing the 35 and under vote. That's not a changing voting tide, that is a sea level change in patterns.

I will add that Scheer visiting a riding and speaking might even have the worst effect. Not sure how the Cons elected this guy.
            Last edited by Replacement; 12-12-2017, 10:21 AM.
            "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Vote share numbers in byelections where there is no contest aren't really indicative of anything.

Current national polling does show the Liberals down since the election but effectively flat since Scheer's election. Scheer doesn't seem to have done anything to boost the Conservatives.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

^Nor should he, the campaign hasn't started yet. I think he has had a lot of success in question time though (with the Liberals refusing to answer any questions), he basically building up ammunition for the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
                  Vote share numbers in byelections where there is no contest aren't really indicative of anything.

Current national polling does show the Liberals down since the election but effectively flat since Scheer's election. Scheer doesn't seem to have done anything to boost the Conservatives.
                  Agreed. Scheer doesn't exude, well, anything really. Flat as a pancake.
                  Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Scheer, if anything, will cost his party votes. Its time for the Cons to stop trying with the Kenney like dinosaurs and get on with some kind of evolved format. Progressive would be interesting..
                    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                      ^seats demographics change over time. Once Liberal seats will become conservative, and once conservative ones will become Liberal. Its because of changing populations, and changing seat boundaries. The real story here is that the Liberals support is dropping in the popular vote. If you spread that over the entire country and all the swing seats, it spells trouble. And Scheer hasn't even started campaigning yet.
                      Well I suppose that Scheer "hasn't even started campaigning yet" could sort of explain it. When was he going to start, AFTER the by elections?

I think a better explanation is the Conservatives chose the least offensive candidate, which might have been wise if he wasn't from rural Saskatchewan. Somehow he just hasn't caught on with suburban voters in Ontario and BC or voters in Quebec.

To be fair to Scheer, I believe he actually did put in an appearance or two in the BC riding during the by election and in my mind that counts as campaigning or maybe you consider it just visiting.

Comment

^you don't understand how the political cycle works. The priority right now for the Conservatives is to raise money, to build a war chest, for the next election, and to build ammunition. You do that by gaining new supporters and playing to your base. Scheer is making the Liberals look ridiculous at the moment in question time, over the dishonest dealings of the finance minister, and the total mess that the new small business tax reforms have become. The Liberals have basically destroyed the entire funding they receive from high net worth individuals in Canada.

Comment

I do understand excuses when I hear them and ultimately its the voters verdict that matters and not the smears and cheap shots that go on in QP. I will give the Conservatives credit for choosing the nicest guy in the bunch as a leader, but to give the nastiest ones free reign in the Commons just negates that and turns a lot of people off. Good luck with fundraising and playing to the base - that didn't work so well for Harper in the end.

Comment

^I think Harper was in power a lot longer than Trudeau has been. Trudeau's support is dropping, he is losing a lot of respect, especially in Ontario right now with respect to small and large business owners. Even the international love has died, with the Chinese laughing at his attempts to force Canadian labor and gender laws on them, TPP leaders outraged by it, and Filipino leaders offended by our transportation of garbage to the Phillipines. There is a lot of interesting ammunition now, that will come out in the political adverts. A guy who meets with Chinese businesses' to prop up his charity and takes flights to a private island of a guy who receives massive government support for his charities, gives 10m to a convicted terrorist, who wanted money from taxpayers beyond his salary to pay for multiple nanny's, and who refuses to answer questions in question time, isn't fit to be the Canadian PM.
                            Last edited by moahunter; 12-12-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                              gives 10m to a convicted terrorist
                              Repeating this lie over & over won't make it any more true, nor the illegally-obtained confession any more legal or binding in Canada, nor will it change the SCC's determination that he had his rights violated by Canadian government officials.
                              Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Working...
                              X