New Federal Conservative Leader - Andrew Scheer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Federal Conservative Leader - Andrew Scheer

Thought Bernier had a chance of getting this. Should be interesting now the Fed Conservatives have a new leader to see how their popularity goes up in the charts - while Tater Tots plummets.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

At least they had the smarts to reject Kellie "Donalda Trump" Leitch. She of the "barbaric practices tip line" and her refusal to say the word mosque after the Quebec City shooting.

Comment

^I was hoping for a Michael Chong victory but I also knew that was never going to happen... so...

Comment

Scheer is only 38. Seems like that could be some kind of record for a conservative leader.

Comment

Clark was 36. Youngest ever leader of a major federal party.

Comment

Me thinks this was a huge mistake . Nobody's even heard of the guy ....in a society where it's about name and popularity ....huge mistake.

Comment

He was speaker of the house, your head is up your blank, if you've never heard of him. Of course he doesn't have daddies last name to go by, but he doesn't have a crappy selfie ego either
              LOL!

Gemini, tater tot was already going down. Wait until the nbp steal back voters!
              Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                He was speaker of the house, your head is up your blank, if you've never heard of him. Of course he doesn't have daddies last name to go by, but he doesn't have a crappy selfie ego either
                LOL!

Try it. Go around asking people who the speaker of the house is...99% wouldn't have a clue . Expect a decade of liberal rule for nobody's heard of the guy . It's like " Andrew who ? " " leader of what ?" ...but hey !..don't listen .

Comment

Originally posted by champking View Post
                  LOL!

Try it. Go around asking people who the speaker of the house is...99% wouldn't have a clue . Expect a decade of liberal rule for nobody's heard of the guy . It's like " Andrew who ? " " leader of what ?" ...but hey !..don't listen .
                  Okay. And the only reason Trudeau was running was because of his poncy daddy! I like Scheer, if you don't., too bad! I.don't. care.
                  Tater tot , little potato, half wit pot smoking skateboarder wasn't known either! Then he was anointed.. Boooooooo!
                  Animals are my passion.

Comment

Yeah it was really head shaking when Tater Tot was thrust forth onto the political stage. The guy is as much use as an inflatable dart board when he goes off script.
                    He cant function unless his handlers are around telling him what to say. Tater belongs to the cult of personality dudes and not the political crowds. He has more in common with the likes of the Kardashians and the Paris Hilton's on this world than the movers and shakers. Social climbers.

Comment

Originally posted by champking View Post
                      LOL!

Okay. And the only reason Trudeau was running was because of his poncy daddy! I like Scheer, if you don't., too bad! I.don't. care.
                      Tater tot , little potato, half wit pot smoking skateboarder wasn't known either! Then he was anointed.. Boooooooo!
                      Never said I didn't like the guy . I actually had no clue who the guy even us ...till now , and I'm one of those people who's engaged / take interest in politics . 99% of others aren't...go around showing a picture of the guy ' and nobody will have a clue who he is....huge mistake !

Comment

This Scheer guy does seem very personable. I don't think it will take long for people to get familiar with him. A tour of some of the bigger cities and a couple of interviews with national newspapers will go a long way to get his name out. Next will come the mandate for the next election.

Comment

^on the surface, he seems almost the perfect candidate. Of course, we will see how it pans out. Basically, Stephen Harpers policies (which worked and were popular), but with a smiley more happy face.

Here Scheer departs from Harper is the method of communicating beyond the party base.

“We can’t be motivated by anger or not paying higher taxes. Showing a genuine concern for people – that is how we get to a broader audience.

“I don’t like the fact Conservatives have that negative connotation – that we’re always against things, always ‘tackling’ something, ‘cracking down’ on something, or ‘getting tough’ on something else. We have to have something positive to say on the flipside. Ronald Reagan won almost every state in the union; Brad Wall flipped a province from NDP to small ‘c’ conservative by talking about unleashing the power of the private sector to create more prosperity. That’s the side of our policies we need a leader to speak about,” he said.
                          http://news.nationalpost.com/full-co...or-all-seasons

Comment

Sheer is from Saskatchewan, that's gotta be good because most federal politicians are from Quebec and Ontario.
                            Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasH View Post
                              Sheer is from Saskatchewan, that's gotta be good because most federal politicians are from Quebec and Ontario.
                              He grew up in Ottawa as well, a common story, went to the West for opportunity. It explains why he is fluent in French. The NDP and Liberals are already a bit worried, they wanted to attack Brenier (who is a pure fiscal conservative, rather than a "pragmatic" conservative) on supply management, but Sheer won't attack that, he wants Quebec votes. We will see all the Harperesq "hidden agenda" stuff around abortion again, even though Sheer has said, like Harper did, he won't change the rules on this. I think the Liberals and NDP have to be careful - comparing him to Harper might play nicely to their base, but for middle of the road voters, the Harper years were very good years (in a time, when the rest of the world was struggling economically).
                              Last edited by moahunter; 28-05-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X