Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    Originally posted by Safir View Post
    Well they don't pay when they visit their Dominions such as our Blessed One.
    This 2009 article states that it cost each Canadian $1.53 per year for the stability of the Crown. If we factor in inflation at todays rate it's still a bargain. We continue to house the likes of Paul Bernardo, Luka Magnotta and other low life at her Majesties pleasure. They should be thankful for that as it were not for her pleasure they would be lynched on the streets.
    That's inane. The legal system is not dependent on the Crown or the monarchy and states who lack monarchies are more than able to prosecute criminals.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

^ I was referring to it costing $1.53 per Canadian per year (2009 figure) to host the monarchy. It's not a high price when we have to house the likes of Bernardo etc. As for the Crown /Monarchy being part of the Canadian legal system. Have you been in a courtroom at all, have you seen affidavit Crown vs ? and various other legal documents, Queens Bench, Crown Prosecutor ie. The Canadian legal system is full of 'Crown' terminology. The monarchy may not personally rule in judicial matters (obviously) but a judge under the Minister of Justice does so in her name.
      Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

We might be better off if she truly was the one in charge instead of all the baffoons, crooks, idiots, pinheads and self righteous arseholes trying to do the job
        Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Yes, it could be 'off with their heads' all round.
          Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=DKWQJPEZPSA
            Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              ^ I was referring to it costing $1.53 per Canadian per year (2009 figure) to host the monarchy. It's not a high price when we have to house the likes of Bernardo etc. As for the Crown /Monarchy being part of the Canadian legal system. Have you been in a courtroom at all, have you seen affidavit Crown vs ? and various other legal documents, Queens Bench, Crown Prosecutor ie. The Canadian legal system is full of 'Crown' terminology. The monarchy may not personally rule in judicial matters (obviously) but a judge under the Minister of Justice does so in her name.
              The fact that we maintain a medieval connection to the Crown does not mean it is required or necessary.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

Working...
              X