Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

OK, what treaties are there with the indigenous tribes in BC? As far as I know there are only two minor ones signed 100 years ago, unlike Albereta which had treaties with most First Nations Peoples. In BC the situation is very very different.

To answer your question, I double checked with Wiki and here is confirmation of the facts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status...itish_Columbia

The blockades today owe their roots not to Trudeau's policies but the policies of governments even before Justin was born

Get your ire straight.
    Canada is a Nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Man From YEG View Post

Canada is a Nation.
      So you're opting for a #5/#6 combo platter?

Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• That is what I said. Canada is a nation.

The Crown land in BC is in dispute. According to law, only through treaties could the government acquire the land through treaties. 98% of BC land is not under treaties therefore the indigenous peoples have not agreed to give up their rights to the land.

This is the facts that you miss completely.
        Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• They are no more a "Nation" than I am. What panderers seem to ignore are the facts.

Comment

• "We want to live off the land in remote communities, far from anyone and anything else, but we also want all the modern amenities afforded to those living in cities"

If I decide to relocate to the middle of nowhere - Can I demand clean drinking water, like I have now in Edmonton?
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

They are no more a "Nation" than I am. What panderers seem to ignore are the facts.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delgamuukw_v_British_Columbia
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsilhqot%27in_Nation_v_British_Columbia

Funny, the Supreme Court of Canada disagrees with your assessment.

the Court said that Aboriginal title "cannot be alienated except to the Crown or encumbered in ways that would prevent future generations of the group from using and enjoying it. Nor can the land be developed or misused in a way that would substantially deprive future generations of the benefit of the land."
              They were here first, they have title.
              Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Title is not a Nation.

Comment

Title is not a Nation.
                  They literally own the land, not the Crown, which makes them a nation unto themselves. One could say, by the relative arrival times that these people could be called "First Nations".

Oh.

Wait.

They ARE.

Comment

• Rubbish nonsense . My wife owns our house, Does that mean that she is a Nation? No, the Crown can expropriate it for the greater good something that panderers refuse to accept.

Comment

No, the Crown can expropriate it for the greater good something that panderers refuse to accept.
                      Actually they can't, not without the consultation & consent of the First Nations. Something that the colonial-minded racist bigots refuse to accept.

Respecting other people's rights isn't "pandering".

Comment

• https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...s-drag-on.html

CN laid off employees, now Via rail. This is escalating very fast.0

We have no leadership, it's becoming obvious daily. If JT would stop handing out tax dollars for a seat and get the people who need it, some clean drinking water as promised, some of these blockades we're seeing just might go away. While I'm not very keen on John Horgan, the people who went to his house to make a citizens arrest, need to be dealt with. They've become embolden, how dare they. How dare they think they are the law.
                        You've got businesses and farmers all across Canada begging for help. The boats near BC , unable to unload, have medical supplies on them, and we're all supposed to be even more patient. It's been too long, enough goods have spoilt, enough tracks have been tampered with, and hereditary chiefs, I've seen the same three, are holding Canada, and their own people hostage. I've never seen Canada like this, ever. I'm discouraged and sad. Once JT said genocide, and he refused at one point, people knew this clown would bring Canada to its knees, we are there..
                        85% of Wet’suwet’en people want this, because they are a small, and very poor part of Canada. Eco protesters come along, stop all sorts of work, and leave, leaving them still in poverty. They want to work.

The east doesn't know what the west wants, it's the various Elected chiefs that need to talk. Chief Simon from Montreal, said one thing wrong( actually it was right) his own people padlocked his office, nobody is in charge.
                        https://www.coastreporter.net/business- ... 1.24078434 425 million!

Animals are my passion.

Comment

Rubbish nonsense . My wife owns our house, Does that mean that she is a Nation? No, the Crown can expropriate it for the greater good something that panderers refuse to accept.
                          Regardless whether she is a nation or not (and I agree with you on this point), I doubt she would be very happy if the government decided to expropriate her property for some project she thought ill conceived. She might protest and take other action to stop this, as a number of other people in this city have in the past in such circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

Regardless whether she is a nation or not (and I agree with you on this point), I doubt she would be very happy if the government decided to expropriate her property for some project she thought ill conceived. She might protest and take other action to stop this, as a number of other people in this city have in the past in such circumstances.
                            So long as she obeyed the law she is free to protest. Trespassing, interfering with other people's rights and disobeying Court Orders is unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by noodle View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delgamuukw_v_British_Columbia
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsilhqot%27in_Nation_v_British_Columbia

Funny, the Supreme Court of Canada disagrees with your assessment.

They were here first, they have title.
                              They may have title, but they must abide by the constitution of the country, and that includes the governments right to cross through those lands to deliver goods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                                Aren't you the drama queen.

Many of the blockades are only a dozen or two people.

Compare that with the Oka crisis.
                                CF:
                                • 4,500 soldiers
                                • +1,000 vehicles[1]

RCMP:
                                • Small number positioned at various barricades & patrols

SQ:
                                Non local activists:
                                • +2,500 activists/warriors[2]

Local activists:
                                • 75-600 armed warriors (at various times; including non-locals)
                                • Dozens of unarmed local activists
                                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oka_Crisis

Or the Winnipeg general strike and riots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_general_strike

These current blockades are small in comparison.

Don't get your shorts in a knot, in time this will be resolved peacefully.
                                Apparently there are a few others that "have their shorts in a knot."

Like the minister of Transport. "Transport Minister Marc Garneau said he is deeply concerned by the impact of the decision CN was forced to make and its effect on Via Rail."

Or the Indigenous Services Minister. "Indigenous Services Minister Marc Miller is also setting up a meeting with Indigenous leaders in an effort to halt a blockade near Belleville, Ont., which he called a “highly volatile situation.”"

Or the people that work for CN. "CN said its shutdown may lead to temporary layoffs for eastern Canadian staff."

Or farmers across the country. "Delays caused by the blockades will have immediate consequences for farmers across the country, said Grain Growers of Canada chairman Jeff Nielsen. “We are an industry that relies on export markets in order to survive and thrive. Without access to these markets via rail, we risk compounding further losses on top of what has already been a harvest from hell,” he said in a news release.

Or the Forestry Industry of Canada. "Canada’s forest products sector is responsible for 10 per cent of total tonnage moved along the country’s railway lines.
                                “Some companies are now in a position that they can’t guarantee delivery dates to customers _ a massive business risk and a dark cloud over Canada’s reputation as a reliable trading partner,” said Derek Nighbor, president and CEO of Forest Products Association of Canada.

Or the country's largest union in Transportation. "Teamsters Canada, the country’s largest union in the transportation sector, also called on the federal government to intervene.
                                “Hundreds of our members have been out of work close to week. Now up to 6,000 of our members risk not being able to support their families or make ends meet this month, and they are powerless to do anything about it,” said National President Francois Laporte.

But in your little world, as long as it doesn't affect you personally, all is well.

CN Rail shuts down eastern Canada rail network

https://www.insuranceinstitute.ca/en...a-rail-network

Comment

Working...
                                X