Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post

Yeah, these blockades are not a "protest". Protests are legal. This is economic terrorism.

And these dumbasses blocking trains are also inadvertently proving how much better pipelines are better than rail from moving things like oil and propane.
    That's not really the definition of "protest", like, at all. And it's also a very liberal (see what I did there) use of "terrorism."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

Isolationism is so very fashionable with the so called conservative crowd these days. They are ok with their own large corporations screwing their citizens, but object a little bit when it is China that does it
      Oh please, put away your paintbrush.
      Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post

Yeah, these blockades are not a "protest". Protests are legal. This is economic terrorism.

And these dumbasses blocking trains are also inadvertently proving how much better pipelines are better than rail from moving things like oil and propane.
        Sorry, but you're flat out wrong on your definition of protests being "legal". Civil disobedience is a legitimate form of protest, and often times that means breaking laws: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience

By your idiotic definition, much of Martin Luther King's crusade would not have been valid protest. Which makes your viewpoint pretty despicable.

That said, the protesters have made their point, and it's time for the blockades to come down.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.L. View Post

Oh please, put away your paintbrush.
          When the shoe fits...
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• What a mess this country is in. JT wanting his little UN trinket, pops home, well Canada, and sends his ministers too the blockade, to dialogue rofl. What an *****.
            Animals are my passion.

Comment

• A mess? How so? The Canadian economy is going strong.

A few protests that are being handled by competent people.

What do you want Justin to do? Go up to the blockades and start boxing protestors?

Or do you want him to order the RCMP to pepper spray protestors like Chretien did.

Or send in 4,500 Armed Forces troops like Brian Mulroney did in the Oka Crisis?

H.L. (AKA Hello Lady) you rant about your sweetheart Justin Trudeau but you never offer solutions to problems. You are just a chronic complainer.

Someone bump my post so that it gets past H.L. blocks of posts
              Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                A mess? How so? The Canadian economy is going strong.

What do you want Justin to do? Go up to the blockades and start boxing protestors?

Or do you want him to order the RCMP to pepper spray protestors like Chretien did.

H.L. (AKA Hello Lady) you rant about your sweetheart Justin Trudeau but you never offer solutions to problems. You are just a chronic complainer.

What? Are you serious? A FEW protests? How are they being handled? They are not being handled at all. They have a rail service shut down. His own deputy PM couldn't even access the legislature at one point. There is a huge decision upcoming on a multi billion dollar potential deal for a new mine in Alberta, that will send a signal to investors for not only that province but this country. And he's trying to wrangle a seat at the UN security council that no one in this country could care less about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                  A mess? How so? The Canadian economy is going strong.

What? Are you serious? A FEW protests? How are they being handled? They are not being handled at all. They have a rail service shut down. His own deputy PM couldn't even access the legislature at one point. There is a huge decision upcoming on a multi billion dollar potential deal for a new mine in Alberta, that will send a signal to investors for not only that province but this country. And he's trying to wrangle a seat at the UN security council that no one in this country could care less about.

As usual, Rex Murphy nails it.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...sing-in-action

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post

Sorry, but you're flat out wrong on your definition of protests being "legal". Civil disobedience is a legitimate form of protest, and often times that means breaking laws: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience

By your idiotic definition, much of Martin Luther King's crusade would not have been valid protest. Which makes your viewpoint pretty despicable.

That said, the protesters have made their point, and it's time for the blockades to come down.
                    Gee, awfully kind and gracious of you to advise and inform that now is the time for the blockades to come down. Are you going to go tell them that?
                    Last edited by Stoneman; 16-02-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Aren't you the drama queen.

Many of the blockades are only a dozen or two people.

Compare that with the Oka crisis.
                      CF:
                      • 4,500 soldiers
                      • +1,000 vehicles[1]

RCMP:
                      • Small number positioned at various barricades & patrols

SQ:
                      Non local activists:
                      • +2,500 activists/warriors[2]

Local activists:
                      • 75-600 armed warriors (at various times; including non-locals)
                      • Dozens of unarmed local activists
                      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oka_Crisis

Or the Winnipeg general strike and riots.

The Winnipeg general strike of 1919 was one of the most famous and influential strikes in Canadian history. For six weeks, May 15 to June 26, more than 30,000 strikers brought economic activity to a standstill in Winnipeg, Manitoba, which at the time was Canada's third largest city
                      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_general_strike

These current blockades are small in comparison.

Don't get your shorts in a knot, in time this will be resolved peacefully.
                      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoneman View Post

As usual, Rex Murphy nails it.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...sing-in-action
                        Rex is so right my God, talk about nail on the head
                        Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Funny the same posters that were cheering on blockades and convoys in the name of oil and gas show the true hypocrite sides in this blockadez
                          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                            Funny the same posters that were cheering on blockades and convoys in the name of oil and gas show the true hypocrite sides in this blockadez
                            Rex Medwards is so right my God, talk about nail on the head

Somebody bump my post so H.L. sees it because she BLOCKADES ME! Hypocrisy heaped upon hypocrisy. LOL

Comment

• I didnt realise Oil and Gas convoys blocked an entire rail network. Link?

Comment

• Originally posted by trick91 View Post
                                I didnt realise Oil and Gas convoys blocked an entire rail network. Link?
                                Apparently its ok to block traffic in Edmonton to protest, but not the rail network. Probably where they got the idea from the oil and gas convoys.

Comment

Working...
                                X