Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kcantor View Post
    Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
    And Trudeau wasn't speaker of the house who would be expected to be fully up to date on these things. And Trudeau isn't repeating the same mistake he made and accepted the correction of.
    i think that's something the lieutenant governor would be expected to know, not the speaker of the house...
    It's something they both would be aware of. Of course, the GG at the time was Michaëlle Jean, who Scheer questioned her dual citizenship. He was able to do so because Jean was open about having Canadian and French citizenship, something Scheer was not "Nobody asked". Nobody asked him if he'd ever murdered anyone either but I'd expect him to be forthcoming about it if he had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snail View Post
      FWIW, President Obama's endorsement was unusual in the historical context of US-Canada relations, although I am not sure how much it will help PM Trudeau.

I think the biggest challenge for the Liberals is the vote splitting. While most forecast a minority government is the most likely outcome, it might in fact cause an upset.

This is only a special case, and might be one-off, but my riding (Edmonton - Strathcona) is a case in point. With Linda Duncon not seeking re-election, the fight between Liberals, NDP and CPC might yield a CPC candidate due to vote-splitting. Rachel Notley has not endorsed the federal NDP candidate. The Green candidate withdrew to avoid draining NDP votes. Here is Globe & Mail: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...despite-citys/

338 puts Edmonton-Strathcona A’s toss up to NDP. All other seats likely or safe CPC:

http://338canada.com/districts/edmonton.htm

Comment

• Personally I don't care about Harper or Obama, neither are in power. I do care about Trudeau and Scheer, and I know Canada can't take another 4 years of Trudeau.

Comment

• Why can’t Canada take another 4 years of Trudeau?

Much of the country has done quite well under him. Good economic and jobs numbers. No huge conflicts. Issues imposed on Canada like free trade deal have been dealt with. Albertans have been somewhat screwed but some of that blame falls on us and our ramping up production, our population, and maintaining reliance on global oil pricing. Trudeau’s tanker ban and his inaction combined with court issues over pipeline approvals have caused some damage. We also need a pipeline to the east and I’m not sure who should be blamed for that failure. Nonetheless we have rail so we’re taking differentials.

Comment

• Because if Trudeau gets back in, a large number of Albertans will throw a tantrum, say that nobody likes them and start talking about moving out on their own.

Comment

• Yeah... separation works so well when you are landlocked on all four sides.

It is like a 28 year old wanting independence while living in his parents basement.
              Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

And Trudeau wasn't speaker of the house who would be expected to be fully up to date on these things. And Trudeau isn't repeating the same mistake he made and accepted the correction of.
                i think that's something the lieutenant governor would be expected to know, not the speaker of the house...
                There's a lieutenant governor in Ottawa?

Comment

https://edmontonjournal.com/category/opinion/editorials

"best choice for canada is scheer"

it looks like i'm not the only one who feels that scheer, on balance, is a better less than perfect leader than our current prime minister.

https://www.canadalandshow.com/the-c...-of-postmedia/

Postmedia would endorse a pile of rocks if it had the right colour campaign sign.
                  Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• ^ it just did.
                    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
                      Originally posted by kcantor View Post
                      There's a lieutenant governor in Ottawa?

brain cramp... i meant governor general.
                      "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• Missed the promotion from Lieutenant to General...

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                          Missed the promotion from Lieutenant to General...
                          not the first time i've missed something or been wrong.

nor the most egregious...
                          "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by sundance View Post
                            Personally I don't care about Harper or Obama, neither are in power. I do care about Trudeau and Scheer, and I know Canada can't take another 4 years of Trudeau.
                            If he doesn't get a majority, and Singh supports him for awhile, big money! If he gets a majority, also big money,because he likes to splash the cash, to make himself look good, forgetting it's not his to splash.
                            Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by noodle View Post
                              Originally posted by kcantor View Post
                              https://edmontonjournal.com/category/opinion/editorials

"best choice for canada is scheer"

it looks like i'm not the only one who feels that scheer, on balance, is a better less than perfect leader than our current prime minister.

https://www.canadalandshow.com/the-c...-of-postmedia/

Postmedia would endorse a pile of rocks if it had the right colour campaign sign.
                              I occassionally read the Saskatoon Star Phoenix and the Regina Leader post and guess what the the identical editorial was posted in those papers. What a joke our newspapers have become when the are told what to print by a Toronto based conservation conglomerate.

Comment

• What a joke our newspapers have become
                                And yet JT is giving them how much?? $$$$$$ . We're paying for a subscription , and our tax dollars are going toward this..
                                Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X