Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our New Liberal Government

What now....................
    Where to start, what to fix, how to move on, what about the west etc.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

National Energy Program Act II on it's way.

Kidding, kidding
    Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

^Oh, I think we will get hosed one way or another when it comes to the energy sector.

Comment

Hoping that infrastructure funding starts flowing soon, and reaches Edmonton's LRT projects.

Also looking forward to seeing the stop of kids thrown in jail for smoking a plant, though I hope the smell doesn't permeate everything.

Comment

Things I'd like to see Justin get on right off the bat:
          - Amending C-51
          - Starting the process to end first past the post
          - Legislation to affirm the Supreme Court decision on the right to doctor assisted death.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

Wonder if the legalizing of marijuana will move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              Wonder if the legalizing of marijuana will move forward.
              If it does it will not be on the first round of changes. More likely next year.

Comment

Expect the prairie provinces to be snubbed by the Liberal government. We're awash in blue out here still. It's astounding how deep the Conservative roots run out here. Watch Trudeau dis-proportionally fund infrastructure projects by favouring the eastern provinces.

Of course, it's nothing Edmonton is new to. We've been snubbed both provincially and federally for as long as we existed.

Comment

Between one and three seats in Calgary to represent Alberta. Maybe Trudeau should have canoed on the North Sasketchewan as well as the Bow? It's going to be interesting times, oh well, ten years conservative, Harper had a good run. A little worrying so little support for Alberta in that government to be, re energy issues.

Comment

Trudeau will go back to his childhood home of 24 Sussex Drive. Wonder how Margret his mother feels about all this. She seems like such a gracious person as she aged.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
                      I think this is as impossible as reforming the senate. I can't see provinces like PEI being willing to give up their disproportionate power.

Comment

What are the Liberals going to do with the Senate?

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                          Originally posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
                          I think this is as impossible as reforming the senate. I can't see provinces like PEI being willing to give up their disproportionate power.
                          I don't think this change requires a constitutional amendment so that lowers the barrier to getting his own MPs on board and making it a confidence vote.

Comment

I also wonder if there will be a Liberal blanket drive for the Taliban?

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              What are the Liberals going to do with the Senate?
                              Appoint as many Liberals as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X