X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Walker of Wisconsin proposes a wall between US & Canada

Bwahahahahaha!

Canada-U.S. border wall idea ridiculed on social media

Scott Walker, the governor of Wisconsin a Republican contender for the president's job, has been ridiculed online since raising the idea of building a mammoth security wall along the Canada-U.S. border.

Walker entertained the idea during an interview on NBC's Meet the Press onSunday, where he called the wall a "legitimate issue."

It's rare to see the Canadian border being discussed during a presidential campaign, as candidates more often talk about the southern border. Walker's fellow presidential candidate, Donald Trump, has called for a "real wall" to be put up between the U.S. and Mexico. And he plans to get the Mexican government to pay for it.
    Read more:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/cana...okes-1.3210184

Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Murica
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Indeed. America's right come up with the most harebrained ideas.
      Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

All for it. Protect us from idiots like him.
        Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Donald Trump is probably kicking himself for not thinking about that first.
          Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Put a 200 ft wall around Wisconsin. Fill it with melted cheese. Problem solved.
            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

^ It's already filled with cow dung.
              Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

While a wall would make zero sense, but I was surprised when I visited Waterton last year to learn that the border is visible at all points (per a US law). There is a strip of land cut out through forests and similar, with markers, and a spire on every mountain that crosses the border. The US used to use agent orange to clear the land, but do it with chain saws and similar now, every so often.

Comment

Even a wall would have very little if any effect at all on illegal activity. Airplanes, boats, tunnels, shipping containers, mail, railways, and electronic transmissions and whatever else would need to be stopped. I don't think there are very many illegals or mules trudging through the forests or scurrying across zero avenue these days. Most of their war on this or war on thats have failed anyway. Maybe they need to build a giant dome over themselves. lol
                  Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                    While a wall would make zero sense, but I was surprised when I visited Waterton last year to learn that the border is visible at all points (per a US law). There is a strip of land cut out through forests and similar, with markers, and a spire on every mountain that crosses the border. The US used to use agent orange to clear the land, but do it with chain saws and similar now, every so often.
                    Which is kind of fun to check out on google earth. Look at photos as well. I still think a wall would be protecting us from them more than them from us. Think of all the illegal handguns alone, but I still think very few come across through bushes or prairie coulees, there are so many different ways.
                    Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumbones View Post
                      Even a wall would have very little if any effect at all on illegal activity. Airplanes, boats, tunnels, shipping containers, mail, railways, and electronic transmissions and whatever else would need to be stopped. I don't think there are very many illegals or mules trudging through the forests or scurrying across zero avenue these days. Most of their war on this or war on thats have failed anyway. Maybe they need to build a giant dome over themselves. lol
                      Try making a wall through Mohawk lands (and waters) that straddle the border.

Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Considers New Surveillance Fence Threat to Sovereignty NOV 14, 2014 http://cornwallfreenews.com/2014/11/...y-nov-14-2014/

http://blogs.northcountrypublicradio...cco-smuggling/

http://presbyterianrecord.ca/2010/06/01/promised-lands/
                      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Working...
                      X