Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Anders

Buh bye now. Buh bye.

We should be so lucky. I'm sure Harper will find a cushy job for him somewhere.

BROOKS, Alta.— Controversial Alberta MP Rob Anders has failed in his second attempt at new political life, losing the Conservative nomination in a rural riding east of Calgary.

Anders was seeking the Conservative nomination in the new riding of Bow River, a largely rural area which covers a large swath of southern Alberta east of Calgary including Strathmore, Brooks, Taber and Vauxhall.

http://www.canada.com/Conservative+A...205/story.html

A career politician trying to stay on the gravy train. I just love it when the government say they have to pay elected officials well as that way they get first class candidates. You would think that the minute the public don't want them in office they would be looking for work other than governmental. After all, they can make better money outside government.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      A career politician trying to stay on the gravy train. I just love it when the government say they have to pay elected officials well as that way they get first class candidates. You would think that the minute the public don't want them in office they would be looking for work other than governmental. After all, they can make better money outside government.
      Eh, I don't blame politicians who lose for trying to make comebacks. It's the job they are accustomed to, and it's understandable if they want to continue in it. Ultimately, the party members in the riding have the final say in who gets nominated.

I suspect many people have had the experience of being let go from a job, and then trying to find something else in the same field. Simply "re-inventing" yourself from scratch isn't always the most feasible option.

In regards to this particular case, I think what's signficant is that we have further evidence that the market for that particular brand of social-conservativism is pretty limited in Alberta, despite the febrile hopes of the old Alberta Report crowd and the wackier factions of Wildrose.

Comment

Seems these electorates PCs don't like drop in politicians. Now, how were those cabinet ministers like Mandel going to get in power? Interesting stuff, there might be some fun nomination battles ahead.

Comment

One Anders is gone, sure; but there are plenty more where he came from.

Comment

This reminds me of Tooker Gomberg and his attempts to get elected in Toronto and Halifax after loosing his seat in Edmonton. He eventually jumped off a bridge.
            Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
              Seems these electorates PCs don't like drop in politicians. Now, how were those cabinet ministers like Mandel going to get in power?
              I'm not sure I see the comparison with Mandel. Anders lost a nomination, then moved to another riding in order to get a different seat.

In Mandel's case, he hasn't lost anything. Thus, even if he will be moving to another riding(and I personally don't know if he will) it won't have the air of desperation that must have accompanied Anders' venture into Bow River.

Comment

Originally posted by overoceans View Post
                Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                Seems these electorates PCs don't like drop in politicians. Now, how were those cabinet ministers like Mandel going to get in power?
                I'm not sure I see the comparison with Mandel. Anders lost a nomination, then moved to another riding in order to get a different seat.

In Mandel's case, he hasn't lost anything. Thus, even if he will be moving to another riding(and I personally don't know if he will) it won't have the air of desperation that must have accompanied Anders' venture into Bow River.
                Not to mention the fact the two politicians have very little else in common.
                aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasH View Post
                  This reminds me of Tooker Gomberg and his attempts to get elected in Toronto and Halifax after loosing his seat in Edmonton. He eventually jumped off a bridge.
                  Tasteless.

Gomberg's suicide led directly to a medical reassessment of suicide risk with increased dosage for the medication he had been taking.

Comment

^I think the reassessment of his meds had already been done by the American Medical Associate. They withdrew the medication. Canada did the same thing about two weeks after he died. I don't think it was Gomberg's suicide that got that ball rolling.

Any who. As far as Anders is concerned. Watch out for him if you are going through a McDonalds drive through in Southern Alberta. He might offer you a Big Whopper.

Comment

Dear Rob Anders, Take a Hint and Take a Hike.
                      http://daveberta.ca/2014/09/rob-ande...e-a-hint-hike/

The video of Anders in Oklahoma at the end of this article is GOLD.
                      Why Calgarians kept voting for this assclown for so long is beyond me.
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^Somebody should have taken that prosthesis off him and put it somewhere other than his nose.

Anyway, just how bad does someone have to be to lose their nomination to Ron Liepert?.

Comment

I think it's over for Rob Anders.
                          "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Yup, he just hasn't got the memo yet.

Comment

I kindof wish this coincided with a bit more actual thought in Southern Alberta voters, but other than a gradual change, I'm thinking this is more an illusion made by a split riding.
                              Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Working...
                              X