X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Originally posted by hello lady View Post
    Or particually bad..
    On the contrary, I'd say that masterminding a conspiracy to deceive the Canadian public about the true nature of the "Duffy arrangement" makes him look pretty bad to just about anyone, unless you have an incredibly selective grasp of the facts and events due to slavish ideological worship.
    I worship nobody Wright seems like a nice guy, I have only read really good things about him. Fat Duff, not so much.
    Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
      ^ and that is just the tip of the iceberg. The PM Office under Harper was seriously corrupt and involved is all sorts of questionable conduct and power tripping. Their attacks on the justice system (I lost count of how many Court rulings they lost) and the Constitution was appalling let alone the proroguing Parliament.

Regardless of the Court decision, the PEOPLE remembered all what Harper and his henchmen did in office; whether real or perceived or rumored, and they voted against him and Trudeau won. The ballot box found the previous government to be illegitimate.

Governments are like diapers

They need to be changed regularly and often.

For exactly the same reason.
      Let's not lose sight of the fact that the Federal Liberals got only 39.5% of the vote in the election. That means 60.5% of the population voted elsewhere. Hardly a ringing endorsement for Captain Selfie and his minions. Or remember it this way if it's easier, well over half the population did not want the Liberals to govern.
      Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        Let's not lose sight of the fact that the Federal Liberals got only 39.5% of the vote in the election. That means 60.5% of the population voted elsewhere. Hardly a ringing endorsement for Captain Selfie and his minions. Or remember it this way if it's easier, well over half the population did not want the Liberals to govern.
        You could say the same thing when the Conservatives won elections during Harper's 10 year reign. Captain Steel-wool Hair's popular vote was never above 40%, and his party had the benefit of vote splitting in many, many ridings.

Did you ever mention this fact when Harper won those minority governments?

Comment

• Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
          Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          You could say the same thing when the Conservatives won elections during Harper's 10 year reign. Captain Steel-wool Hair's popular vote was never above 40%, and his party had the benefit of vote splitting in many, many ridings.

Did you ever mention this fact when Harper won those minority governments?
          We didn't need to, the left was only too eager to do it for us. But Gemini is right about Zoolander isn't she?
          Animals are my passion.

Comment

• What a waste of money / legal fees this whole thing has been. Lets face, they are senators with a job for life (which involves voting once in a while, if they feel like it), and various perks like a paid for home in Ottawa and free flights everywhere based on the flimsiest excuse. Its not surprising that a judge who makes his own expense claims based on public money, is going to pretty sympathetic of senators milking the system for what its worth. Unless the system is ever abolished (which, not surprisingly, our Supreme Court, which is also filled with judges who benefit from the public purse, ruled out ever being able to happen), this is what we can look forward to continuing, there is no incentive for the old boys club / Ottawa elite to change that, but plenty of incentive to provide obstacles to it ever happening.
            Last edited by moahunter; 25-04-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• http://edmontonjournal.com/gallery/m...for-april-2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post

68.1% resoundingly rejected the CONS.

Comment

• Ha!
                  Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Man From YEG View Post
                    Originally posted by Gemini View Post

68.1% resoundingly rejected the CONS.
                    ...............and yet the Libs got only 7.6% more votes than the conservatives for their 'restounding' win.
                    Go figure.

Comment

• That is because we have a party system and not a popular vote system.

Are you suggesting changing our electoral system just because the Constitution lost? Then you will want to change it back once the win?

Understand the term gerrymandering?
                      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                        That is because we have a party system and not a popular vote system.

Are you suggesting changing our electoral system just because the Constitution lost? Then you will want to change it back once the win?

Understand the term gerrymandering?
                        Doesn't the constitution always lose?

Actually, I guess it doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                          What a waste of money / legal fees this whole thing has been. Lets face, they are senators with a job for life (which involves voting once in a while, if they feel like it), and various perks like a paid for home in Ottawa and free flights everywhere based on the flimsiest excuse. Its not surprising that a judge who makes his own expense claims based on public money, is going to pretty sympathetic of senators milking the system for what its worth. Unless the system is ever abolished (which, not surprisingly, our Supreme Court, which is also filled with judges who benefit from the public purse, ruled out ever being able to happen), this is what we can look forward to continuing, there is no incentive for the old boys club / Ottawa elite to change that, but plenty of incentive to provide obstacles to it ever happening.
                          Well, it was a shot over their bow. I expect the they will dose token thing to appear more accountable.

Maybe Trudeau will take further action to remove political connections with the Commons. I'd love to see Senators have to renounce all party affiliations. It would be nice if any Senator with a political past had it used against them.

Mr. Duf, Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party, or the Liberal Party or the NDP or the PC party, or any self-serving power seeking, purely greedy, ideologically driven, propaganda force in Canada?

Comment

• ^so, instead of being accountable to a party that has a platform that people vote for, you would make them accountable to nothing at all, other than todays "whim"? I don't see how that's an improvement, its actually removing about the only check there is.

Comment

• The Senate is just another level of government that needs abolished, changed or at the very least streamlined. The government should hire a team of lawyers to review bills they want to pass. These lawyers will not need expense accounts or funds for second residences etc. If the senate is there to make sure each province is represented fairly (one of it's functions) it's not doing a very good job. All those senators seem to do is fly around Canada (and beyond) having business lunches and living of the fat of the land.

Comment

Working...
                              X