Duffy and company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duffy and company

Any thoughts on the latest expense account scandal?

I'd like to ask Harper what his definition of "public interest" is. What a hoot!

Maybe that was an auto-correct error. . Maybe it was "pubic" interest as in saving his own balls.
    However, on a positive note we can look to Mr. 'Write' to help us out with all other instances of "securing the repayment of funds." Very magnanimous of him.

Wright off: PM's deep-pocketed chief of staff quits amid Duffy fallout
    BY JENNIFER DITCHBURN, THE CANADIAN PRESS MAY 19, 2013

Excerpts:

“I accept that Nigel believed he was acting in the public interest, but I understand the decision he has taken to resign,” the prime minister said."

“My actions were intended solely to..,” Wright said in a statement.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...386/story.html

Last edited by KC; 20-05-2013, 08:05 AM.

”There’s going to be a new code on Parliament Hill,” Harper said as he introduced the public prosecutor model during that hotly contested 2006 election campaign. ”Bend the rules, you will be punished; break the law, you will be charged; abuse the public trust, you will go to prison.”

- Stephen Harper

Apparently he was only talking about people who aren't members of the Harper Government

Comment

Isn't it funny that these senators, who in their previous lives as reporters covered many, many expense scandals, then begat their own once in power?

Rather lucky for Mr. Harper that there was a nice long weekend for the Chief of Staff to resign during.
      I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

I wonder if this has something to do with why Duffy got his "expenses" covered by the PM's Chief of Staff. Payment for a job well done or hoping to put an end to the scrutiny before this became public?

Sen. Mike Duffy attempted to influence the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission’s upcoming decision involving the right-leaning Sun News Network, a source has told CTV News.
        A well-placed source told CTV’s Ottawa Bureau Chief Robert Fife that Duffy approached a Conservative insider with connections to the CRTC three weeks ago to discuss Sun Media, which is asking the federal regulator to grant its news channel “mandatory carriage,” or guaranteed placement on basic cable and satellite packages.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/mike-...urce-1.1285555

Comment

This is how warped the Harper Conservatives have become:

Conservative MP Joan Crockatt celebrates this past week as a triumph for the Harper government.

Our govt has the highest ethical standards demonstrated by 3 resignations: 2 from Senate caucus & the PM chief of staff.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/05/20/p...ccountability/
          Harper should get the hint and not add dumb-ash former journalists to his team.
          Last edited by North Guy66; 20-05-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Still voting CONservative next election guys?
            youtube.com/BrothersGrim
            facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Didn't vote CONservative in the last one.
              Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Never have, and won't start now.
                Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

Originally posted by Komrade View Post
                  Still voting CONservative next election guys?
                  I am.

I like what they've done over the last 2 years.

Comment

Yes.

There is no other good option.

Comment

Every party has a base that will vote for the party no matter how bad things get. A lot of the Conservative base is quite committed to the party but I could see many of them staying home next election day if they are unhappy with the state of the party. The moderates Blue Liberals who lent their votes to the Tories last election are probably reconsidering and will go back to the Liberals in droves.

We'll have a better idea about the Conservative base in light of recent events when we see how fundraising goes for the party over the next couple quarters.
                      Go down a few dark alleys.

Comment

Anyway, back to crooksville. This whole thing has gone beyond Duffy, Wright and Wallin. This is the great man Harper's baby now.
                        Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

I hope these buzzards that rip the public purse off get sent to jail. Throw the book at them. Duffy looks like he needs an attitude adjustment along with the other culprits named with him. Will it happen, NO.
                          Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

The order to sanitize an audit of Sen. Mike Duffy’s expenses came from two key Conservatives on the Senate’s internal economy committee: chair David Tkachuk and Carolyn Stewart Olsen, CTV News has learned.
                            The original version of the audit report said Duffy broke the rules when he declared a Prince Edward Cottage as his primary residence and noted that the senator refused to co-operate with independent auditors.
                            Last Friday, CTV’s Ottawa Bureau Chief Robert Fife reported that those damning notes were removed from the public version of the report that was tabled in the Senate.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/two-c...#ixzz2U5FOSq1j
                            And this...

Mike Duffy billed two Conservative campaigns $510 for appearing alongside candidates in Nova Scotia during the 2011 federal election, while also receiving an allowance for being in Ottawa on Senate business.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...allowance.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              I hope these buzzards that rip the public purse off get sent to jail. Throw the book at them. Duffy looks like he needs an attitude adjustment along with the other culprits named with him. Will it happen, NO.
                              So then you agree the boss buzzards who defended him when the story initially came to light and "gifted" him $90,000 should also be criminally investigated?

Comment

Working...
                              X