New evidence backs claims of questionable Dean Del Mastro donations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New evidence backs claims of questionable Dean Del Mastro donations

I wonder if they'll use the "It's been too long to proceed" defence as they are trying in the robocalls?

"OTTAWA — Two donors to Conservative MP Dean Del Mastro’s 2008 election campaign have produced copies of cheques they say were reimbursements paid by a small electrical company owned by his cousin.

The cheques show the donors each received $1,050 from Deltro Electric Ltd. of Mississauga, Ont., two days before they made $1,000 donations to Del Mastro’s electoral district association in Peterborough.

The donors also produced copies of the personal cheques they sent to the riding association in September 2008."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06...tro-donations/

Nice. I look forward to his resignation and charges being put forth against him and his brother, along with anyone else involved. Seems pretty cut and dried what happened here, and banking records will easily verify it. What an idiotic way to funnel funds, with such a clear paper trail.

Comment

Hmm, Wikipedia has him as having an Italian not Sicilian background...

Though, I do sometimes wonder if a crimes by country/culture of origin/ancestry study would reveal anything other than selective perception.

Oh, and I see car dealership in the family background too. Again "car salesman" sometimes has an odd and unfair negative connotation when issues of ethics are raised. Previous Liberal Party membership too! Same problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Del_Mastro
      Last edited by KC; 28-06-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
        Hmm, Wikipedia has him as having an Italian not Sicilian background...

Though, I do sometimes wonder if a crimes by country/culture of origin/ancestry study would reveal anything other than selective perception.

Oh, and I see car dealership in the family background too. Again "car salesman" sometimes has an odd and unfair negative connotation when issues of ethics are raised. Previous Liberal Party membership too! Same problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Del_Mastro
        Scicily is an autonomous region within Italy.

Comment

No matter - I was just kidding around. Fortunately, unlike Quebec and now Ontario, we have no corruption or organized crime here in Alberta.

There is the odd case of misunderstood writing and communication though. (Of course, we all suffer from that.)
          http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...f-calgary.html
          Last edited by KC; 28-06-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Fortunately, unlike Quebec and now Ontario, we have no corruption or organized crime here in Alberta.
            ...you're still joking, right?
            I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

He should be kicked to the curb, promptly, with repercussions.
              Time will tell on this new Alberta Government.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialog View Post
                Fortunately, unlike Quebec and now Ontario, we have no corruption or organized crime here in Alberta.
                ...you're still joking, right?
                I thought all my facetious comments would spark a huge outcry but no one is biting.

Comment

Originally posted by whynow99 View Post
                  He should be kicked to the curb, promptly, with repercussions.
                  You know he's a Conservative, right?

Comment

Working...
                  X