Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jstock View Post
    Bye bye penny
    Almost every house in the country has jars of pennies just lying there doing nothing.

I wonder how many millions of dollars this will put back into the economy just from people bringing their pennies into banks?

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
      Wow, that hidden agenda is terrifying.

/sarcasm
      And Liberals wonder why nobody votes for them? Maybe its because they have no credibility anymore - this is from December 2011:

In a fundraising letter sent out by the Liberal party, Chretien warned that the Conservatives have already "ended gun control and Kyoto" and said they are likely to push their agenda even further.

"Next may be a woman's right to choose, or gay marriage. Then might come capital punishment. And one by one, the values we cherish as Canadians will be gone," Chretien wrote in a letter emailed Monday night.

Harper has publicly said in recent years he has no interest in re-opening the contentious debates around abortion or same-sex marriage.

Still, Chretien urged supporters of the third-place Liberals to take urgent action to protect the party's remaining values.
      Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...#ixzz1qbyjeZ5K

I still think this is why the NDP took so much of the Liberal vote off them last election, when will the Liberals wake up and realize that this cry wolf stuff doesn't work when it keeps ringing false?

Comment

^^ this

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
          ^I won't miss the penny either.

Seems a moderate budget, not what the unions were fearing (re the 60,000 job slash claims).

And, where was the hidden agenda stuff the Conservatives would supposedly bring in with a majority, like making abortion illegal? Seems those claims by the Liberal party were lies / fear mongering (who would have guessed?).

SRED changes were not dramatic. Some new R&D programs added.

Nice to see the $5 billion going into the Coast Guard.

Back in black in about two years, and possibly even one if the economy picks up. By the time of the next election, the Conservatives will be able to promise some personal tax cuts I hope - or maybe raise the bottom threshold to increase who doesn't have to pay tax (and lower tax for everyone else). Who knows, maybe they will be able to even reduce GST again?

At the end of the day, it is very similar to a Paul Martin budget. Biggest difference, is that unlike Paul Martin who cut transfers to the provinces (throwing them into debt), this government is increasing the transfers.
          LOL... this is the most unconservative budget EVER.. after pushing up spending to record breaking levels and bloating the civil service you are going to defend this. HA HA

Cutting GST is the stupidest thing ever. Again consumption taxes are routinely proven to be some of the fairest taxation. Double the GST and slash income tax.

Further to that The change to Old age security was not needed. Thank you for F'ing over the younger generation while pandering to the baby boomers... The GenY and younger will be th e first generation, since the great depression, that will have to make due with less than their parents. Because of unwalkable cities and other choices made by the boomer generations we will likely have shorter lifespans.... So once again the boomers are protected and yer screwing your children..

Moa your unconditional love affair for a gov't that makes nothing but poor choices is scary. AND finally the minimal sentencing laws will download BILLIONS onto the provinces. Instead of rose coloured glasses yours are a funny shade of blue.
          Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 30-03-2012, 08:34 AM.
          "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Yeah, the Conservatives never engage in over the top rhetoric. I mean, we really do need all those new prisons because people are being slaughtered on the streets in record numbers. Ignore the statistics that show crime rates are dropping and have been for decades. That's just a bunch of college educated lefty elitists talking.

All parties tailor the message to appeal to their base. Don't think that the Conservatives are immune to it.

Comment

The burdens of a parliamentary majority are quickly becoming apparent to the Harper Reformatories. Budgets that don't satisfy their tea-party-north base but are destructive enough to rally critics are a sign of a caucus divided.
              Incremental change is a tough sell when your party takes up one whole side of the House.
              What's that sound I hear? The drums from the back benches which will only get louder in the next eight months. Ready for a scrap on two fronts, Mr. Harper?

Comment

Harper delivered uninspiring budget after budget... then blamed it on the libs.

Turns out it was all his fault from the beginning.

PST.. MR Harper you can't win the next election with Alberta's support alone.
                "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

^i would say your conservative hate is equally as nauseating as Moahunters constant boosterism

not a personal attack but it is amusing to see you make such a big deal about things that may or may not happen.
                  be offended! figure out why later...

Comment

He he.. actually might really like the Conservatives.. I will clearly admit to disliking Harper. I don't care for him as a leader at all.... and I'm mostly taking digs at Moa as he was all excited about a "true" conservative budget.

All I really want is sound policy that works I don't care who it comes from... but chasing unsound policy that is proven NOT to work frustrates me to no end IE mandatory min sentences.

Comment

I was surprised there was no changes with the CMHC. Penny to go was a no brainer. Raising it to 67 is a kick in the balls. Why do we have to work longer??
                      youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                      facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

^ cause the baby boomers need to continue to support their unsustainable lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                        X