Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Canada perpetuate aboriginal people living in poverty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
    I think a lot of racism and prejudice exists in this country because "they" live on reserves, and "we" don't. It's one of the many unintended consequences of the reserve system that was set up many generations ago, during an entirely different time.

I don't know what the solution is, but I think it has always up to Aboriginals to decide what they want to do and what's best for them.
    exactly. people are a strange lot, not wanting to be alone, but looking for reasons to differentiate eachother. i cant wait (wont live long enough though) for the day everyone on earth crossbreeds so much, we all have the same skin color. i have a feeling alot of problems would dissapear

Comment

• Originally posted by Student4Life1975 View Post
      Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
      I think a lot of racism and prejudice exists in this country because "they" live on reserves, and "we" don't. It's one of the many unintended consequences of the reserve system that was set up many generations ago, during an entirely different time.

I don't know what the solution is, but I think it has always up to Aboriginals to decide what they want to do and what's best for them.
      exactly. people are a strange lot, not wanting to be alone, but looking for reasons to differentiate eachother. i cant wait (wont live long enough though) for the day everyone on earth crossbreeds so much, we all have the same skin color. i have a feeling alot of problems would dissapear
      That would indeed be a sad day. It is what makes Life interesting and challenging each day of our existence. And just WHO do we want people to equal too - some skin colour. You see nothing umbrageous about, about sameness. How ******* dull that would (will) be.
      Last edited by Sasquatch; 20-07-2011, 10:27 PM. Reason: pn
      If the risk is little, the reward is little.

Comment

• We would all be reduced to one race only. Earthlings
        Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Your Right!

We are Human Beings first and foremost.
          Now if we could all learn to respect that.

There is a quote of Tommy Douglas' I want to share, "Man is now able to fly through the air like a bird, he's able to swim beneath the sea like a fish, he's able to burrow beneath the ground like a mole. Now, if he could only walk the Earth like a Man, this would be Paradise."

wow
          If the risk is little, the reward is little.

Comment

• Apparently they hired counsellors last time this was in the news big time, and then laid them off after the media attention dropped off.

[quote]

Attawapiskat declares state of emergency over spate of suicide attempts - Sudbury - CBC News

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbur...ency-1.3528747

[quote]

Comment

• First Nation chiefs work to defeat on-reserve poverty, pitch pipeline investment at Calgary summit

By Jill Croteau
              Reporter Global News, November 4, 2019

“ Delbert Wapass, the founder of Project Reconciliation, said there is an opportunity for First Nations across the country to collectively purchase a 51 per cent stake in the Trans Mountain pipeline.

“We’ve been economically starved out of any large opportunities,” Wapass said. “We are always a recipient of — rather than controlling our own destiny. We don’t want to be dependant on government.”...

“ Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said his government would be open to Indigenous ownership of the pipeline, adding that they have plans to assemble a committee of experts to advise about the possibility of selling a financial stake of the project to First Nations.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/6126288/f...eline-calgary/

Saskatchewan, Alberta seek First Nations support in fight with Ottawa over ‘abysmal’ energy policy – Financial Post

“ “With the tanker ban, did they consult with any First Nations on the Coast? No. They’ve tied up a lot of the First Nations traditional territory. Can you do any economic development when your hands are tied?”
              said Chief Dan George, of the Burns Lake Band in B.C.
              George is a director with the National Coalition of Chiefs and is supportive of a new TC Energy Corp. pipeline crossing his band’s territory.”...

https://business.financialpost.com/c...ht-with-ottawa
              Last edited by KC; 19-11-2019, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X