X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada taxing Internet use to pay down deficit

The Sun's April Fool article:
    http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmo...-13427086.html

If you think this is funny, read the comments section from some of their more gullible readers.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

LOL! When I read this I was so ******. Got me too
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

What isn't an April Fool's joke is that the music industry has been lobbying for a levy on ISPs and mp3 players to "compensate" for illegal downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Bear View Post
        What isn't an April Fool's joke is that the music industry has been lobbying for a levy on ISPs and mp3 players to "compensate" for illegal downloading.
        Which is complete BS. I've always purchased all of my music either on CD or through iTunes, yet I'll be hit by the levy the same as someone who downloads all of their music from Piratebay. It's ridiculous and always has been.

Of course if such a levy were to enable me to download all the music I want completely for free, like a Zune Pass (that I cannot actually purchase within Canada, whoops), then we're talking. Fat chance of that happening though.

Comment

Working...
        X