Federal Conservative Leadership Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
    Almost as good as supporting a guy that tried to manipulate his own justice minister and interfere with an investigation against some slimy company from his home province in an attempt to cull votes.
    Nice deflection. B- for effort, F on execution.

Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
      Conservatives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

More like Frank 'Ferret Face' Burns
      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
        Regardless of their intention to keep things under cover, details have leaked out.
        It is probably a good thing for the members of the party (and the public) to get some of this information. In particular, it might be helpful for the members in deciding who to choose as the next leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

More like Frank 'Ferret Face' Burns
          Well he's sure not Brad Pitt, but I think Ferrett Face is a bit harsh and not accurate either.

MacKay has a long history in politics, some of it good, some not. I think Canadians have a fairly good idea about him, so he will be judged on that to a large extent, as opposed to Scheer who people didn't really know much about before he became leader. I suppose the party will judge MacKay on this first and then, if he succeeds in wining the leadership, Canadians will. He is probably the front runner at this point, but probably not that far ahead of other potential candidates, so it could be an interesting race.

However, think at this point Rona (who to continue the movie star analogy, is not Angelina Jolie or Loretta Swit, see below ) is not really interested in running.

Comment

https://mash.fandom.com/wiki/Margare...ps%22_Houlihan

Comment

I am going to give Peter MacKay a fair shake as any other conservative candidate. I am not an entrenched voter.
              Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Nice deflection. B- for effort, F on execution.
                Good response......not.

Comment

Conservatives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Seriously, that's the best you can do? Perhaps take some time to think it through. Wow, is that lame....nice try though, sweetheart. lmao...
                  Last edited by Stoneman; 16-01-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Yeah, how did that work out for you Peter?

​​​​​​

I want to lead the Progressive Conservative Party, a party that will promote true conservative values and principles. I can tell you right now, I am not the merger candidate. I am not interested in institutional marriages with other parties.

Peter MacKay
                    When the US says "Jump!". MacKay asks "How High"?

If the United States leads a multinational force into Iraq without United Nations backing, Canada should fight beside its neighbour. We've gone from being a middle power to a muddle power on this one.

Peter MacKay

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/peter-mackay-quotes

https://www.azquotes.com/author/32745-Peter_MacKay

Comment

Originally posted by kcantor View Post

you mean the wannabee matthew mcconaughey lookalike?
                      Nobody is MM , did you see JT today, he's looking bad( as in ill)
                      Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post

Almost as good as supporting a guy that tried to manipulate his own justice minister and interfere with an investigation against some slimy company from his home province in an attempt to cull votes.
                        Zing!!!!!!! You win..
                        Animals are my passion.

Comment

This is turning out to be some race. Just this week ... Rona out ... Charest out, ... Poilievre out.

Its now starting to seem the Peter MacKay coronation. Is that all there is? I didn't expect that.

Comment

I actually don't have much bad to say about MacKay, but I'm not sure that there's a whole lot of good either. He's been a reasonably decent cabinet minister, but has never really put his stamp on anything other than using DoD assets for his convenience. I do find it highly amusing that the Conservative party will be choosing a leader who's best known for being the son of a prominent past politician. After their two previous leaders were the definition of "career politicians" (something Conservatives supposedly despise), who basically never held any job in private industry for more than a few months. Now they're picking literally the Conservative version of Justin Trudeau who himself has shown a significant streak of entitlement in his political past. You can't make this stuff up.
                            Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 24-01-2020, 02:45 PM. Reason: There's two A's in his name

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
                              I actually don't have much bad to say about MacKay, but I'm not sure that there's a whole lot of good either. He's been a reasonably decent cabinet minister, but has never really put his stamp on anything other than using DoD assets for his convenience. I do find it highly amusing that the Conservative party will be choosing a leader who's best known for being the son of a prominent past politician. After their two previous leaders were the definition of "career politicians" (something Conservatives supposedly despise), who basically never held any job in private industry for more than a few months. Now they're picking literally the Conservative version of Justin Trudeau who himself has shown a significant streak of entitlement in his political past. You can't make this stuff up.
                              He's not exactly a deep conservative ideologue thinker like Harper, some might say intellectual lightweight and prone to occasional embarrassing gaffes. Perhaps he is the conservative version of Trudeau. I am not sure if he is what some Conservatives want, but he might be what the party needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                This is turning out to be some race. Just this week ... Rona out ... Charest out, ... Poilievre out.

Its now starting to seem the Peter MacKay coronation. Is that all there is? I didn't expect that.

Comment

Working...
                                X