Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

71,200 jobs last month

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Medwards View Post
    Dontchaknow that the only people/jobs that matter are o&g, and if they are suffering everyone must be suffering, or at least they should be.
    For decades, people from Newfoundland, the Maritimes, Ontario and Quebec came to Western Canada to work in the O&G industry and the spinoff jobs. It was a great migration.

    Now the jobs are elsewhere and people must decide to move again to where the jobs are.

    That is a fact in Canada that many family and friends are separated by thousands of kilometers to find the jobs and lifestyles that suit them.

    It is just the way the world works and no one can expect that they can settle permanently anywhere for generations.

    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

    Comment


    • #62
      What about all those jobs Kenney promised the tax cuts would bring. They did manage to add some jobs for moving companies who took care of the companies who took the money and left.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

        For decades, people from Newfoundland, the Maritimes, Ontario and Quebec came to Western Canada to work in the O&G industry and the spinoff jobs. It was a great migration.

        Now the jobs are elsewhere and people must decide to move again to where the jobs are.

        That is a fact in Canada that many family and friends are separated by thousands of kilometers to find the jobs and lifestyles that suit them.

        It is just the way the world works and no one can expect that they can settle permanently anywhere for generations.
        Growing up my dad used to work in the oil camps in northern Alberta for months at a time, I usually only got to see him on weekends every couple of weeks. Mobility is an essential part of being able to earn a living especially in such a large country as ours.
        Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by seamusmcduffs View Post

          Wasn't kissing his @ss, I have plenty of criticism of him. But I thought I'd give you a heads up to give you an opportunity to show some level bipartisanship. Like maybe a "Oh, that's great to hear, I'm really glad that some things have improved, even if it's under someone I disagree with!". You could have even ended it with "and you're a jerk for assuming I wouldn't see this as a positive.", and I would have happily accepted that I made a bad assumption.

          But nah, you'd rather somehow make this about foodbanks because apparently that's relevant to pure employment numbers, because you couldn't possibly stomach saying anything positive about him. I really shouldn't bite on this, but foodbanks are always going to need food unless we create some utopia where homelessness, mental illness, and inequity still exist. Guess what, no liberal or conservative leader is going to be able to create that, and the fact that that's the best thing you could pivot to show you have no intention of ever being reasonable with your criticism.
          I can't stand the phony , so you wont ever hear anything good from me, about JT. Canada is doing okay( just okay) despite JT. And yes you do kiss his @ss. Look at one you said, when I mentioned the job losses..
          You might not care about food banks, but as someone that's volunteered at Edmonton's, I sure do! Keep full and cozy little small minded man
          Animals are my passion.

          Comment


          • #65
            Facts dont matter to HL

            shes projecting her *** kissing of scheer and kenney on to others now


            cute



            alberta lost 24,000 jobs in December, and 50,000 since Kenneys job creation 4.7 billion dollar tax break to corporations that created no jobs, only made better margins for shareholders


            bravo, permaconservative.
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

            Comment


            • #66
              https://globalnews.ca/news/6330754/c...s/..:rolleyes:
              Animals are my passion.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                Facts dont matter to HL

                shes projecting her *** kissing of scheer and kenney on to others now


                cute



                alberta lost 24,000 jobs in December, and 50,000 since Kenneys job creation 4.7 billion dollar tax break to corporations that created no jobs, only made better margins for shareholders


                bravo, permaconservative.
                Leftover results from scarecrow's reign of error.

                Comment


                • #68
                  No, Kenney promised that a $4.7 billion tax break would be the panacea that Alberta needed.

                  Well guess what did not work. Gotta blame Ottawa instead.
                  Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
                    No, Kenney promised that a $4.7 billion tax break would be the panacea that Alberta needed.

                    Well guess what did not work. Gotta blame Ottawa instead.
                    He's really got to you, hasn't he? Lol.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Hey, Mr. Kenney's job creation has been going great ... for ONTARIO and QUEBEC !!! Oh right, he's not Premier there. For us, not so good.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Alberta to have Wexit option federally.

                        Wexit party granted eligibility for next federal election

                        Elections Canada granted eligibility to the party Friday, which will allow Wexit to get its party name on the ballot and issue tax receipts for political contributions.

                        Speaking at a rally in Edmonton held at the Alberta legislature on Saturday, party leader Peter Downing said the decision concluded a year-long effort to establish a legitimate political entity.

                        "[The Reform Party's] slogan was 'The West Wants In,'" Downing said. "Our slogan is, 'The West Wants Out.'"

                        The party says it plans to nominate 104 candidates to federal ridings in four provinces — Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

                        ---

                        "Even in [Kenney's] body language and his tone of voice this week with [Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland]. He's not in the drivers' seat," Downing said. "If Jason Kenney is unable or unwilling … the public mood will change and Wexit Canada will be there to receive the support of Albertans."

                        https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...nada-1.5423793

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Scarecrow an Junior have done a fine job to create the current environment that encourages separatist extremists to forward an alternative political platform.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                            Scarecrow an Junior have done a fine job to create the current environment that encourages separatist extremists to forward an alternative political platform.
                            As if western separation is a new thing...


                            educate yourself
                            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_separatism
                            Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 12-01-2020, 02:19 PM.
                            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

                              As if western separation is a new thing...


                              educate yourself
                              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_separatism
                              I never said it was new. Just that your heros have encouraged an environment that further stokes the fires.

                              Man, you loonies really get off the tracks when you get flustered....

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Yeah, Kenney is pulling out all the stops to calm Albertans and work constructively with Ottawa.

                                kenney sure has nipped that Wexit idea in the bud.
                                Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X