71,200 jobs last month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71,200 jobs last month

Whoa, that's a lot of jobs. I see many Albertans are moving to Texas, the trickle down effect is going to be very difficult for many.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/cana...isis-1.4718213
    Animals are my passion.

Yep, pretty sad. Canada's best days may be very well behind us

Comment

Canada's best days are yet to come. The two major problems are the population and economic difference between the big neighbor to the south and Canada is a 10% population difference and steady outflow of native investment. Canada is a country with greater natural resources by far and away, but has persistently adopted a policy of selling them off to maintain economic growth. Sooner or later, direct foreign investment in Canada which does not regard Canada as an African nation to be exploited as well as more direct investment by the Canadian middle and upper classes will trigger the economic growth Canada needs to take its place as a developed nation.

Comment

Originally posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
        Yep, pretty sad. Canada's best days may be very well behind us
        I think you're right, JT has lost the plot, and some of his ministers during QP, are terrible.
        Animals are my passion.

Comment

awhh look at the conservative groupthink coming to a consensus! So cute... even if off the mark.
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Just wait until next quarter when the provincial conservative governments lay people off in Ontario and Alberta....
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Let me help you correct this "
              Canada is a country with greater natural resources by far and away, but has persistently adopted a policy of selling them off to maintain economic growth it's own policies to deliberately stifle development, investment and exploitation of it's own resources, meanwhile other countries with less than stellar records on the environment, labour laws and human rights are reaping the rewards.

Comment

So what you want is to have a race circling the drain to see who can be the worst ?

Comment

We should also not care about the envionment labour laws or human rights. Shareholders are people too and they deserve every penny they can squeeze out of the economy, who cares if the world is dieing , we have profits to be made yeeeehaw

Comment

Despite the November 2019 numbers, Canada is still up 293,000 net jobs compared to the same month one year earlier. So the national picture is still fairly bright.

Meanwhile, Alberta is down 18,200 jobs year over year. Taking more purchasing power out of the economy by cutting public sector and renewable energy jobs is particularly ill-timed when other sectors like oil and gas, forestry and agriculture continue to struggle.

Comment

I cant find a way to put someone on ignore, who needs to see all of Medwards infractions..
                      Animals are my passion.

Comment

18,000 jobs lost in Alberta after Kenneys 4.7 billion dollar corporate tax break! Ouch! Sure generating a lot of jobs!!! Since no jobs are being cut, Kenney will now take it out on our kids schools, post secondary, and our health care!!! He’s like Klein, but soooo much worse.

Comment

We're losing jobs in the private sector, so it's only fair that the public sector loses some as well, right? After all, it's not like the provide services that are needed regardless of population or anything crazy like that...

Comment

Yeah, lets follow the Klein Revolution and cut healthcare jobs to bolster corporate tax breaks.

It is not like anyone gets sick during a economic recession...

Physicians concerned as wait times grow for diagnostic testing in Edmonton
                            https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...ng-in-edmonton
                            Currently, wait times for urgent MRIs and CTs exceed 30 days while semi-urgent concerns have a 200-day wait time, Schuster said. The tests are used to screen for cancer and many other conditions, but may be labelled “semi-urgent” unless the patient is in immediate danger.
                            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

71, 200 jobs from coast to coast to coast we haven't seen a loss like this, since the recession wth JT..wth.??? Food banks in Ottawa, Winnipeg Edmonton, empty! What a sad Christmas for so many families.
                              Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X