Career Paths for an Immigrant like me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Safir View Post
    Hint: most people here are engineers. That tells you better get a degree which is heavy in sciences, especially data sciences.
    hint: i don't think most people here are engineers.

actually, i would hope that most people here aren't engineers.

although if they are it might explain a lot...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

I agree with all three of the emoticons, but you could atleast play along and have your 15 minutes lol.
      " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

If you like science and would like a job that has lots of stability and portability, I recommend an education or job training in any sort of field that is health-related - nursing, med lab tech, MRI tech, occupational therapy, histocytology, etc.

Speaking to an advisor at MacEwan, NAIT, or NorQuest would be the best place to start for you.

Since you have identified your English as a bit of a weak point, I strongly suggest that you contact NorQuest College first - they have a fantastic English language program for newcomers to Canada. Once you have a good grasp of English, you will be able to learn anything.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Judging by his writing skills, it's a lot better than your average long time/born Canadian. They need minor refinement, so I would suggest some form of high school upgrade program rather than Norquest. If you were advising Norquest for what I just addressed and they have such support then yes that would be a good option.
          " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
            If you like science and would like a job that has lots of stability and portability, I recommend an education or job training in any sort of field that is health-related - nursing, med lab tech, MRI tech, occupational therapy, histocytology, etc.
            With an ageing population, its hard to go wrong with a medical job.

Comment

Working...
            X