Jason Kenney and the UCP Performance - first year of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...spiracy-theory

At its core, this theory, which Jason Kenney has adopted as the Alberta government's, is that the province has been targeted by a cabal of American foundations led by the Rockefellers in a deliberate campaign of economic sabotage.By directing money and influence to an anti-pipeline movement called the Tar Sands Campaign, these foundations seek to advance American energy interests by landlocking Canadian oil.

As I wrote earlier in September, the sham outrage over foreign money is just a cynical ruse. Unscrupulous governments are employing it around the world to discredit, silence and intimidate environmental dissent, and ultimately to choke off resources to activist groups.
    Nobody cares about foreign money, least of all Jason Kenney.
    No sooner did the premier release the terms of his foreign funding inquiry than he set off for New York, cap in hand, to raise more foreign money for the oil industry.
    Really great article pulling apart Kenney's attempted rationale for burning $30M of taxpayer money on a Ministry of Propaganda.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
      Bigot = someone who wins an argument against a liberal
      Let us know when you have won your first argument. Until then, I will read 'War and Peace', write the greatest Canadian novel, discover a cure for cancer and create a therapy for your cognitive dissonance.
      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
        Originally posted by noodle View Post
        I shine a light on a cockroach so everyone can see the cockroach & the filth around him. That's it, that's all.
        Hey, that's exactly what I am doing to you!

And I always speak up for what I believe is right as well.

It's almost as if people who disagree with each other value different things and have different opinions or something! Huh - Maybe there aren't "Nazis" behind every bush, like you seem to believe?
        Oh I didn't know dismissing an entire people group as a mere inconvenience was simply a matter of different opinions and not being extremely bigoted.

"we let them stay"-Drumbones, 2019. <
        The post you are defending. How noble of us to lie, steal and cheat our way into owning this country, and then let them stay on their own land. We are so incredibly noble for allowing those people
        to stay when we could have killed them all.

You can pretend thats not the intent of that sentence, but that would be you being intentionally obtuse again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumbones View Post
          Originally posted by Medwards View Post
          unless there is a sign up, It's not illegal to be on private property.
          So the party’s in Matt’s yard this weekend? I believe you are wrong about that for sure. Only natives who are tracking an animal that enters private property and they follow them can not be charged with trespassing
          Your both wrong. This made me LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
            Oh I didn't know dismissing an entire people group as a mere inconvenience was simply a matter of different opinions and not being extremely bigoted.
            MrOilers & his ilk consider the people who call out racism to be worse than those who cultivate it, just like his Orange Crush in the WH. The reaaaaal crime is whistleblowing!
            Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• The troublesome investigations that just will not go away:

Irregular votes, panicked moves, kiosks

Insiders detail the last days of Jason Kenney’s campaign to be leader of Alberta's United Conservative Party

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/long...e-jason-kenney

Comment

• deleted
                Last edited by Drumbones; 05-10-2019, 06:20 PM.
                Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  The troublesome investigations that just will not go away:

Irregular votes, panicked moves, kiosks

Insiders detail the last days of Jason Kenney’s campaign to be leader of Alberta's United Conservative Party

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/long...e-jason-kenney
                  Yeah I was surprised that Brian Jean lost.
                  While Kenney's team worked in that Edmonton home, the online dashboard used by Jean's campaign to track the number of votes coming in had gone dark. The UCP was no longer feeding the campaign updated stats on how many members had voted and which PIN had been used.

By the time Jean's dashboard fired back up, the number of ballots cast had skyrocketed. Ultimately, Jean lost the race by

"The chances of voter fraud are so small, the chances that someone would get somebody else's PIN is nearly impossible," she told CBC News during the leadership vote.

"The only people who could possibly do this would be the campaigns themselves and we know these leadership candidates. I do not doubt their integrity at all."
                  Last edited by KC; 05-10-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• ‘Deeply disturbing’: Sohi responds to allegations of wrongdoing by opponent Uppal – Edmonton Journal
                    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...opponent-uppal

Edmonton candidate's plan to live in Ottawa prompts debate about MP residency
                    Conservative Tim Uppal says he doesn't plan to move back to Alberta capital if elected
                    Kim Trynacity - CBC, September 26, 2019
                    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ency-1.5295988

Kenney and UCP deny fresh allegations about irregular votes, kiosks in 2017 leadership race
                    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ight-1.5309667
                    Last edited by KC; 06-10-2019, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• The voters will decide, Sohi back in, or Uppal.
                      I suspect a close race. Sohi shouldn't be worried, if he's done a good job.He follows JT around like a lost puppy, so we'll see.
                      Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                        The voters will decide, Sohi back in, or Uppal.
                        I suspect a close race. Sohi shouldn't be worried, if he's done a good job.He follows JT around like a lost puppy, so we'll see.
                        Actually isn’t it a case where the courts may decide? If Uppal actually was involved in some sort of Provincial UCP candidate vote rigging then it would seem that he is the “lost puppy”.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC View Post
                          Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                          The voters will decide, Sohi back in, or Uppal.
                          Actually isn’t it a case where the courts may decide? If Uppal actually was involved in some sort of Provincial UCP candidate vote rigging then it would seem that he is the “lost puppy”.

We'll see..
                          Animals are my passion.

Comment

• https://www.thestar.com/edmonton/201...warroomalberta

EDMONTON—The Alberta government’s new war room, recently named the Canadian Energy Centre (CEC), will be a private entity owned by the province and not subject to freedom of information laws after all, a spokesperson clarified Thursday.
                            So basically it's $30,000,000+ of taxpayer money being spent to 'defend' highly profitable private corporations with zero accountability or oversight.

I'm sure this will all be super legit & above board. I mean, it's not like the UCP have been plagued with scandals & impropriety since before they were actually a thing.

Comment

• super legit and very cool
                              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• https://globalnews.ca/news/6007935/u...s-energy-bill/

UCP introduces bill, $1 billion would support First Nations economic investments

Well done Jason !!!
                                Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X