• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC View Post
    Originally posted by H.L. View Post
    Originally posted by BalancedOP View Post
    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...e-jobs-in-july

Alberta Lost 14000 jobs in July.
    Most of the 8400 energy sector losses in Canada were in Alberta.
    Does anyone wonder why the NDP got a HUGE kickin the @ss, and had to leave power and sit back in opposition.? LOL
    I cannot believe how sour the dippers that like her( unions type) are..oh well suck it up buttercups..
    And you weren’t a sour yourself when the Conservatives went down.
    Yup, four years ago,.I didn't think the ndp would last another four, so happy times..
    Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwill211 View Post
      Originally posted by Medwards View Post
      Originally posted by gwill211 View Post
      #betteroffwithkenney
      no surprise that you can't tell this isn't twitter, and C2E doesn't use hashtags.

You keep saying crap like "better off with Kenney" but every fact disagrees with your assertion. It's too bad you choose to blindly support political parties like you would a local sports team.
      angry meds at it again... you bit like I expected you to. I've made it clear many times I voted ndp last election and voted ucp this time. I'm far from blindly supporting political parties.

I find it interesting that the hard core ndp supporter like yourself cant find fault in the ndp or their policies. The NDP should not have lost the last election but they did in epic proportions.

The NDP were too busy telling Alberta what issues we needed to care about while refusing to listen to what albertans were saying. The UCP isnt to blame for this.
      You may not be paying attention yourself, as I've only once voted NDP, and that wasn't the last election. I've always considered myself a conservative, at least fiscally, however, Kenney and the UCP aren't really conservatives in any stroke of the imagination, and certainly not a party I can get behind. I've certain found many faults with the NDP, and some of the strange choices they made, especially around consultation, however, they took and received feedback, and worked on improving things, rather than the UCP approach to just put ear plugs in. I've very glad the NDP is in opposition, cause so far, they have been all over the UCP, and actually doing what the opposition should be doing.

The NDP lost the last election because they refused to get dirty like UCP and Kenney did. They didn't lie and mislead. I have a lot more respect for the NDP losing than the UCP winning. What a bunch of dirty pigs.

The NDP listens, the UCP lies, and that's what won the election. Jobs? Pipelines? Economy? All a smoke screen that people got behind so that Jason Kenney and co can roll back wages, give huge tax breaks to the corporations that helped they corruptly get into power. Remember the UCP that said they were grassroots? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• The solution... is to go back to school and become...a "corporation"
        The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.
        It's heaven and hell!

Comment

• Medwards - The ndp listened to albertans???? LOL. They would have won more seats if that was the case. I'd also say the 100 attack websites that the ndp created was playing dirty.

This proves my point how those who support the ndp cant reflect on why they lost the election so badly. The ndp certainly didnt learn as they continued with the same rhetoric right after the election.

Comment

• And the UCP supporters showed that they had literally no problem with the kamikaze campaign or the secret, off the books donations or the bulk buying of memberships or their support of the yellow vest protesters, including one who stood on the steps of the legislature and denounced Jews.

Yeah, the UCP are squeaky clean.

Comment

• that's the interesting part IMO. People voted ucp regardless of the issues that were ongoing. Albertans decided the ndp weren't listening to their concerns.

I think that speaks volumes for what alberta thought of the ndp.

Comment

• I think it speaks volumes about what UCP voters think of truth, honesty, democracy and the rule of law.

Comment

• there you go blaming the ucp instead of looking at the ndps failings.

Comment

• Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                    I think it speaks volumes about what UCP voters think of truth, honesty, democracy and the rule of law.
                    As a voter for both NDP and more recently UCP I say it’s good to keep one’s expectations low.

Of course, one can go the common route people like H.L. took and simply avoid expectations altogether and just vote for one’s tribe / horde.
                    Last edited by KC; 13-08-2019, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwill211 View Post
                      Medwards - The ndp listened to albertans???? LOL. They would have won more seats if that was the case. I'd also say the 100 attack websites that the ndp created was playing dirty.

This proves my point how those who support the ndp cant reflect on why they lost the election so badly. The ndp certainly didnt learn as they continued with the same rhetoric right after the election.

The NDP got really dirty, it backfired, big time. I suspect Notley will step down soon, no way will she ever lead this province again. Hooray!
                      Animals are my passion.

Comment

• I dont think it honestly mattered what the NDP did. This province is strongly rooted in voting for conservative based parties and the UCP party message rang home for many that falsely believe the NDP had anything to do
                        with the recession that started under prentice with the crash of the world oil prices. The UCP had a strong message out and is backed my corporate and media that the ndp were to blame and that just by saying jobs, pipelines
                        and economy (oh my) and hand-waving would actually fix things with no real plan just a bunch of ******** that many people bought into. I dont think the honeymoon period is going to last very long. Polls are already dropping pretty quickly.

Fwiw i voted Alberta Party this time, but never really believed they had a chance of winning. Mandel cost them a lot of
                        support.
                        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                          Medwards - The ndp listened to albertans???? LOL. They would have won more seats if that was the case. I'd also say the 100 attack websites that the ndp created was playing dirty.

The NDP got really dirty, it backfired, big time. I suspect Notley will step down soon, no way will she ever lead this province again. Hooray!
                          So sour

Comment

• Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                            I dont think it honestly mattered what the NDP did. This province is strongly rooted in voting for conservative based parties and the UCP party message rang home for many that falsely believe the NDP had anything to do
                            with the recession that started under prentice with the crash of the world oil prices. The UCP had a strong message out and is backed my corporate and media that the ndp were to blame and that just by saying jobs, pipelines
                            and economy (oh my) and hand-waving would actually fix things with no real plan just a bunch of ******** that many people bought into. I dont think the honeymoon period is going to last very long. Polls are already dropping pretty quickly.

Fwiw i voted Alberta Party this time, but never really believed they had a chance of winning. Mandel cost them a lot of
                            support.
                            Well said.

The NDP failed to get tough on the public sector in order to better subsidize the private sector to make it “feel” better and it failed to reverse its debt spending which just creates fears and trepidation amongst those already stressed out and losing their jobs, working longer hours and/or taking pay cuts.

All one has to do is look at the many examples history provides, just look south across the border at how a great recovery was perceived as ****, or look back to the Getty days to see how the middle-of-the-road approach fails when it follows a boom/bust cycle. The boom creates a high benchmark with high expectations and huge sense entitlement that people expect can be delivered again if only the right leader is elected.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.L. View Post

We’ll see.

NDP calls on province to publicly release blue-ribbon panel report this week | Edmonton Journal

“Last week, Premier Jason Kenney said the report will show that the fiscal situation of the province is worse than outlined by the NDP.

Alberta’s deficit was $2.1 billion less in 2018-19 than estimated in the last provincial budget, according to the latest government numbers.

The $6.7-billion deficit is significantly lower than in the budget laid out by the NDP in March 2018. It was the last budget tabled before the April provincial election that saw the UCP win a majority victory.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...port-this-week

Comment

• Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                                I think it speaks volumes about what UCP voters think of truth, honesty, democracy and the rule of law.

Who’s the scum?

NDP forced to apologize to former UCP candidate for inaccurate news release | CBC News

“Cyndy Morin launched a $650,000 lawsuit after the NDP sent a news release in August 2018 that accused Morin of accepting illegal corporate donations for her campaign and which implicated her law firm.

Morin, who was running to be the candidate in Calgary-Fish Creek, dropped out of the race shortly after. Her statement of claim says her withdrawal was in order to fight the allegations in the news release. ”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tion-1.5242075

Comment

Working...
                                X