Jason Kenney and the UCP Performance - first year of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Kenney and the UCP Performance - first year of power

Hey Admin, not sure why you closed my thread. What's wrong with a central discussion around the current provincial government? We've have 'catch-alls' for Notley, Trudeau, and Trump.... those still exists unlocked and continue to be used ??
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

I think he forgot to open all the individual threads for discussion.

Comment

Nah, obviously the right wing that controls all the media in Canada has got to Admin at C2E, and this is just there way at getting back at us for shutting down Alex Jones on social media sites.

I still don't understand why we can't have a catch all like we did for previous leadership. If issues are big enough to warrant their own thread, go for it, create a seperate thread, but it would be nice to have a central place to go back and easily reflect back on what has happened during this term.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

The large number of threads that have been closed/locked for basically no good reason has been incredibly frustrating over the last month. It has resulted in numerous conversations and discussions being totally cut off, because said mod couldn't be bothered to move posts from the "catch-all" threads in to their respective single issue ones prior to locking them. This was especially annoying back when the election was announced, as half a dozen or more perfectly good threads were closed without any warning on basically a whim.

Again, I understand that moderating is a thankless and time consuming task. But if you're only going to do it halfways, do us all a favor and don't bother in the first place. And don't try to claim that people are having a hard time following the discussion in these threads. There's at best a couple dozen active posters on the boards. No thread ever sees enough posting for it to be hard to follow.

Comment

I wonder if the Kenney Government will give rakes to towns like Hinton and Whitecourt during forest fire season.
          "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
            I wonder if the Kenney Government will give rakes to towns like Hinton and Whitecourt during forest fire season.
            Rakes??
            Why would he give those communities rakes during forest fire season?

Comment

It’s a reference to a Donald Trump comment about how the Finns rake their forests to avoid forest fires.
              They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
                The large number of threads that have been closed/locked for basically no good reason has been incredibly frustrating over the last month. It has resulted in numerous conversations and discussions being totally cut off, because said mod couldn't be bothered to move posts from the "catch-all" threads in to their respective single issue ones prior to locking them. This was especially annoying back when the election was announced, as half a dozen or more perfectly good threads were closed without any warning on basically a whim.

Again, I understand that moderating is a thankless and time consuming task. But if you're only going to do it halfways, do us all a favor and don't bother in the first place. And don't try to claim that people are having a hard time following the discussion in these threads. There's at best a couple dozen active posters on the boards. No thread ever sees enough posting for it to be hard to follow.
                Wouldn't be so bad if the admin logged on more than once a month. Effectively killed the discussion on healthcare, etc.

Comment

Jason Kenney advocated for single source shipbuilding contract in order to support Conservative candidate in Quebec.

Electoral calculations around Quebec shipyard laid bare in Norman court docs

Public servant paints picture of inside cabinet room as officials weigh $700M shipbuilding contract

Burke told the Mounties that many senior public servants opposed the idea of accepting Davie's proposal before considering bids and were prepared to recommend a competition to Conservative cabinet ministers in April 2015.

But then-defence minister Jason Kenney ultimately sold ministers on the Davie plan, according to Burke, as he emphasized both the military and political importance of signing a deal.

"He made quite an impassioned speech about the importance of the Davie option and how the navy needs better capability and it can help with humanitarian operations and we have to support our navy,'' Burke told the RCMP.

"And the politics got into (it) as well. He was quite open and talking about: 'We have an election coming up and LĂ©vis is an important riding, it often goes to Conservative(s). You don't get a lot of Conservative ridings in Quebec."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ium%3Dsharebar

Comment

I wonder when Kenney will denounce these students being out of school? Oh right, they're not supporting gay kids so it's all tickety-boo.

UCP MLA-elect attends anti-abortion rally to 'support my friends'
                    Peace River MLA-elect Dan Williams among 28 caucus members estimated by NDP to have anti-abortion views

Master of ceremonies Father Dean Dowle told the crowd not to engage with counter-protesters. He said the only outlet they should speak to was Grandin Media, which is run by the Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton.

A sizable number of participants were high school students who were bused in to attend the rally.

Karen Kerr is a member of the pro-choice Handmaids Coalition, a group that silently protests anti-abortion events while wearing red hoods and white bonnets inspired by Margaret Atwood's A Handmaids Tale. She noted the UCP government had little to say about the presence of so many students on a school day.

"Last week, we had Kenney on record saying he didn't think kids should walk out of school for 20 minutes to protest GSAs, yet you've got kids being bused in for the entire day from Calgary and Red Deer," she said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ends-1.5130093

Comment

So Big Arse just announced cuts to Alberta's corporate tax rate.

Good.

Top_Dawg had to giggle when he saw scarecrow attacking the move.

The NDs should get busy looking for a new leader.

It's already been a month since scarecrow got her azz handed to her.

And she still comes across as the bitter sore angry loser from election night.

Top_Dawg can just picture her and her gaggle of hags sitting over their $11 lattes at Whyte Avenue Starbuck's on Sunday mornings.

Sneering angry mugs, fists clenched, raging against Kenney and all the severely normal Albertans who are just too dumb to recognize the sheer brilliance of their progressive policies.

So funny.

Comment

Since we apparently need rude names for politicians, what are we calling Kenny? I think I’m going with:
                        The Virgin
                        They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gord Lacey View Post
                          Since we apparently need rude names for politicians, what are we calling Kenny? I think I’m going with:
                          The Virgin
                          Why? I dont get the reference.

Comment

^I guess it depends on how is defining virgin. Is a gay man a virgin because he has never had sex with a woman? I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by GranaryMan View Post
                              Originally posted by Gord Lacey View Post
                              The Virgin
                              Why? I dont get the reference.
                              When he first entered Federal politics in his late 20's, he claimed to be a virgin as he's a devout Catholic and wasn't married. I don't recall the exact context of why he was even asked the question in the first place, but if you dig around you can find the quote (it's from the late 90's so before a lot of news was on the net). The reality is that he's in the closet and it's not a particularly well kept secret.

This brief post addresses the rumors and whether it's okay to out someone if they're in turn trying to out kids: http://warrenkinsella.com/2017/03/are-you-gay/

I'd say emphatically in Kenney's case it would be, given his past actions and his political stances on LGBTQ issues.
                              Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 14-05-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X