Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly will Jason Kenny do as Premier?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Originally posted by ThomasH View Post
    Jason Kenny will transfer the Alberta Legislature from Edmonton to Calgary.
    FTFY

Less of the baiting and stick to the points.

I find it very scary that many posters are terrified about them/ us/ Edmonton receiving less tax dollars if the NDP is kicked out of office. That is exactly the problem. The govt does not have any money, they take money from workers through taxes ( and now in fact we owe money that has not even been generated yet).

The sense of entitlement is staggering. We need somebody to stand up and say enough is enough. The status quo is no longer good enough. We need to remove red tape and bureaucracy - the best social program is a job.

Comment

Originally posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
      Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
      Jason Kenny will transfer the Alberta Legislature from Edmonton to Calgary.
      FTFY

Less of the baiting and stick to the points.

I find it very scary that many posters are terrified about them/ us/ Edmonton receiving less tax dollars if the NDP is kicked out of office. That is exactly the problem. The govt does not have any money, they take money from workers through taxes ( and now in fact we owe money that has not even been generated yet).

The sense of entitlement is staggering. We need somebody to stand up and say enough is enough. The status quo is no longer good enough. We need to remove red tape and bureaucracy - the best social program is a job.
      Where do you get this “terrified” crap from?

Most of the posters on this site have been through similar economic turbulence a few times before - under the Progresive Conservatives. As the economy tanked, Getty dramatically ramped up debt levels just as Notley has done - maybe more so - and at far, far higher carrying cost. Stelmack drew down savings in the phoney 2009/10 crisis (phoney for Alberta). You must not remember the private sector calls for “fiscal stimulus” (aka debt spending).

You are right that status quo is no longer good enough. No matter who was or is in power all parties would agree to that. The NDP borrowed to create a soft economic landing just like Getty did and all prayed for high oil and gas prices. The next party will engage in similar prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by sundance View Post
        Alberta needs to either opt out or force a serious change in equalization. I'm not sure anything short of turning off the taps will make Quebec, BC and Ottawa realize the damage they have done, and are doing to Alberta and the future of Confederation.
        Or current system is not sustainable for much longer.
        Jason has the gonads to do this, it needs to be done, because separation isn't an option, even though it's what I hear many times a week, from grande prairie to Lethbridge, Alberta isn't special, but treat with some decency!
        Animals are my passion.

Comment

Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
          " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

Which is another reason they want bitumen and not an upgraded product. More jobs for them and they make more off of each barrel than Alberta does. But sure, let's build more bitumen pipelines for them. More money in their pocket and less in ours. And then, the next time the price drops, guess who's first to hit bottom?
            Last edited by kkozoriz; 27-12-2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
              Explain to me what he has done that would convince me of that? Even Stephen Harper couldn't get it done...

The more thoughts I put into it, the more I believe rhe failed pipelines are because of American interference. They want cheap oil from us to export that to the world. If we have good access for export, that cheapness evaporates their pockets.
              I've listened to him, who he has spoken with. He's not everything, nobody is,but he's a damn sight better than Notley!
              Kenney has a plan.. I like his plan.
              Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by H.L. View Post

I've listened to him, who he has spoken with. He's not everything, nobody is,but he's a damn sight better than Notley!
                And that’s the point of this thread. What is his plan? Then what exactly will he do?

Comment

A great CAPITALISTS vs CONSERVATIVES conspiracy theory by Vivian Krause:

“Researcher argues anti-Alberta oil campaign not about environment

After looking extensively into the matter, researcher Vivian Krause says the campaign against Alberta oil is not about the environment. She says much of the campaign is funded by American money. “

https://globalnews.ca/video/4655759/...ut-environment

Danielle Smith: Foreign interests behind effort to stop Trans Mountain Pipeline | Globalnews.ca
                  Mar 2018

Excerpts:

If you haven’t signed up to follow Vivian Krause on Twitter, you really should. This week she continued to expose the roots of the extreme environmental opposition to Alberta oilsands and those who fund it. ...

Environmental groups – backed by the U.S.-based Tides Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation and other well-endowed U.S. funds – met in 2008 to hatch a strategy, called the Tarsands Campaign, to landlock Alberta oil and prevent it from reaching international markets to fetch international prices. ...

“Krause has just discovered where 350.org got their funding, from their most recent 2016 U.S. annual return. Most of it came from massive donations from...”

“The main thing those of us who support the energy sector and pipeline construction need to understand is that we are 10 years and half a billion dollars behind in the public opinion campaign to win over hearts and minds in support of energy development. ...”

“Will we never learn? The so-called grassroots environmental movement is the furthest thing from being grassroots. It is a big money campaign that is designed to control domestic political decisions for the benefit of foreign interests. And we’re all supposed to be concerned that the Russians are trying to influence our elections by buying ads on Facebook? I think the foreign roots of green activism is a much greater threat to Canadian democracy”.
                  ...”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4059563/d...tain-pipeline/

Be cautious whose voice you’re listening to these days
                  Jamie Rieger Dec 20, 2018

“Researcher/writer Vivian Krause has been researching organizations such as the Tides Foundation, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and Corporate Ethics for years about their focus on shutting down the Canadian oil patch. She spoke to a packed house in Drayton Valley on Dec. 2 about the ?”Tar Sands Campaign”, which she said has been operating for about 10 years with millions of dollars in funding from American entities, including the Rockefeller's.”

https://www.prairiepost.com/opinion/...ff3926523.html

More on the: Capitalists are behind it all, conspiracy theory:

“Climate Change a Slow-Moving War” Claim is a Narrow View of a Few Activist Scientists says Friends of Science calling for Climate Equality and Climate Diversity

December 28, 2018

“...Wikileaks documents and by Matthew Nisbet’s (2018 ) research on "Strategic Philanthropy." LINK: onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/wcc.524

These documents show that the climate conversation has been skewed by more than $600 million a year in ClimateWorks funding, over a decade, to environmental groups worldwide. The ClimateWorks' commercial objective was to push a climate catastrophe theme, coal phase-out, global cap and trade system and put $12 trillion in their vested interest renewables on the grid. Funding local environmental groups made proposals appear grassroots. ...”

“Friends of Science Society has concluded that the sun is the main driver of climate change, not carbon dioxide (CO2). ”

https://www.prweb.com/releases/clima...eb15968351.htm

Bolding is mine.

And I refuse to sign up to follow the twits of Twitter

Last edited by KC; 28-12-2018, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Alberta needs to either opt out or force a serious change in equalization. I'm not sure anything short of turning off the taps will make Quebec, BC and Ottawa realize the damage they have done, and are doing to Alberta and the future of Confederation.
                    Jason has the gonads to do this, it needs to be done, because separation isn't an option, even though it's what I hear many times a week, from grande prairie to Lethbridge, Alberta isn't special, but treat with some decency!
                    Interesting. Do you travel a lot? Or have conversations with people around the province?

Quebec wanted “asymmetric federalism” where provinces aren’t all equal. At first I didn’t like the idea that we are not all equal, but we already had “asymmetric” rules to a greatly varying extent with indigenous, Inuit and First Nations due to historically negotiated deals and actions employed to gain control of Canada’s territory. So maybe it’s like multi-culturalism. We are not all the same and so we must all make allowances for each other’s differences and tolerate each other’s differences including how we run our provincial economies, how we share our gains from depleting and destroying the natural environment and get those to market to maximize the return for ourselves and so for all Canadians.

So Quebec wants to dam up rivers and destroy valley systems, export asbestos, etc. who are we to argue against that? It’s their business. They have their culture(s), they have their business and if they wanted to send rail cars full of asbestos across Alberta - so be it. We’re a tolerant society. Blah, blah, blah...

‘Without exports, our profits are in trouble’: Hydro-Quebec plugs into U.S. markets for growth – Financial Post

“But Hydro-Québec’s expansion won’t come easy. It has met fierce environmental resistance by U.S. interest groups, First Nations and some municipal authorities, who say its proposed transmission lines would be disastrous for ecologically sensitive areas.”

https://business.financialpost.com/c...ets-for-growth

Last edited by KC; 28-12-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post

And that’s the point of this thread. What is his plan? Then what exactly will he do?
                      I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.
                      Animals are my passion.

Comment

notley couldn't stand up and fight bc so why would anyone think she can take on our federal govt. Notley let Alberta get walked on by every other province. She decided to stop the fight against bc with the wine bans.

She's weak. We dont need a premier who prefers to hide and cower.

What happened to the legislation to stop oil shipments to BC? Oh yeah... that was an idle threat.

Comment

Bingo
                          Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

I suggest you listen to him, or look up what he's said. I know who I'd like to run this province and why. I'm not going to change your mind, and yes , we travel AB quite a bit.

I listened to Jason Jenney and his views flip-flops so much that the pendulum is starting to spin. I want some predictability coming from my future premier, and Kenney has done absolutely nothing to earn that. For me, the race is between the Alberta Party and the NDP.
                            Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

I listened to Jason Jenney and his views flip-flops so much that the pendulum is starting to spin. I want some predictability coming from my future premier, and Kenney has done absolutely nothing to earn that. For me, the race is between the Alberta Party and the NDP.
                              Omg, Mandel? Ugh!!! No Thankyou...and Calgary don't like him! He has no different ideas..but that's up to you isn't it, some people still love the NDP
                              The Alberta party, old white men.
                              Animals are my passion.

Comment

Bingo
                                oh, that is so right. We CANNOT depend on any other country. It's asinine that we cannot even build pipelines in our own country to the West/ East coast. Shipping oil by rail means even more green house gases from the locomotives, risk of spills, and displaces other items that potentially need to be shipped by rail ( grain etc).

Not developing our resources will come back to bite unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X