Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She had to, she has to pay off our debt somehow!!
    Animals are my passion.

Comment

^^I mean I would hope so, who else could possibly be responsible at this point?

Comment

She'll be gone next election..vbg!
        Animals are my passion.

Comment

don't count on it
          "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Comment

Yes, I'll count on it!
            Animals are my passion.

Comment

She will be 4 and done.

Originally posted by GizmoForMayor View Post
              don't count on it

Comment

One acid test could be these by-elections:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...y-12-1.4706147

If the UCP has trouble winning these, it could spell trouble for them next year.
                "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Do you want these jerks running the province? http://daveberta.ca/2018/07/aheer-ac...-east-calgary/
                  "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Cheshire Cat poster smiles on everyone of the -itches
                    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

UCP has won massive victories in both Fort Mac and Innisfail.
                      In rural Alberta, the UCP could have a neo-Nazi heroin-addicted toddler rapist as a candidate and they would still win by a landslide.
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

notley and the ndp are that despised are they??? Wouldn't have guessed that in a million years.

Comment

Well done UCP!!! LOL. Roll on 2019!!
                          Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                            (…)
                            In rural Alberta, the UCP could have a neo-Nazi heroin-addicted toddler rapist as a candidate and they would still win by a landslide.
                            This line speaks volumes on bigotry, ignorance, classism, and haughtiness....

...but not in the way you intended.
                            President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

It's a sad day when American style politics of fake news and attack style campaigns gather steam in this province. That's the UCP tactic. Trump style campaigns. Get ready for it. You'll be lied, mislead, and if you're a sucker, you'll fall right for it. I already see some of the usual suckers falling in line in this thread!

Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                              Well done UCP!!! LOL. Roll on 2019!!
                              quoting for no reason in particular, and has nothing to do with my post above it
                              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by the.tru.albertan View Post
                                Originally posted by Channing View Post
                                Originally posted by the.tru.albertan View Post
                                Vote her and her party out. No plan with the debt other than hoping for oil to go up. We need something like $93 boe to break even at current spending. We voted this kind of crap out in 2015 and replaced it with, well, the same thing. We need someone who is actually going to do something different, hell, anything different with any public program. We cannot continue spending like this. The NDP are in no way, shape, or form fiscally responsible. Their recent finalized budget still put them up $400M spending from their initial budget numbers. We will be talking about the NDP debt for years and years to come... this will be their legacy.
                                If the had introduced a provincial sales tax, would that have satisfied you in terms of planning for the debt?
                                We should have had a provincial sales tax many, many years ago. Lowering income taxes is my holy grail. Quit taxing my time that I invest into the economy. We NEED to be paying more user based fees/purchasing taxes. Want public healthcare? Pay a public healthcare levy. Want healthcare reform? Fight for true two tier similar to Euro models. If someone in politics came out and said "Elect me, I'll bring in a PST, include user based fees and lower provincial income taxes to 5% flat", they'd have my vote. PAY for the SERVICE you USE. NDP's answer was to keep status quo and increase taxes on income. Stupidity. I thought this government was going to actually change stuff for the better. It's been utter crap since they were elected. All they've done is focus on social issues. 95% of what this gov says is strictly about social issues. I don't go to the ballot box and vote on social issues.

Originally posted by GizmoForMayor View Post
                                ^ I love you call it the 'anger machine' when you're clearly popping an anger vein in your forehead right now

Notley's got my vote. People who think it's the NDP who piled on debt need to take their head out of their arse. If the Cons hadn't left us without a penny saved and a huge infrastructure deficit we wouldn't be in this situation. The NDP is doing a hell of a job cleaning up the conservative mess but it doesn't happen overnight.

The NDP will win a second term. You heard it here first.
                                NDP pushed us into net debt, not Cons. NDP control current gov spending. Cons don't. PC were idiots. So are the NDP. It's status quo.
                                We should encourage savings and investment spending not consumerism. Lower income taxes and higher consumption taxes tend to reward saving and penalize spending. Our overly oil resource depletion based economy based on global commodity pricing of oil is not stable.

A modest PST would provide some degree of stable funding for core government services such as infrastructure maintenance, health care, etc. This makes sense.

Lower personal income taxes would be great. I’m not sure if I agree any longer on flat taxes.

The NDP lowered taxes on small business. They are taking huge risks against long odds and much of their effort, investment etc stays in Alberta.

NDP raised it on large business. Corporate taxes are net of expenses. Spend more, reinvest in the economy and less tax is paid and the economy does better. So higher taxes on larger corporations, which almost by definition are proven successful businesses. Plus in Alberta our largest businesses tend to export / repatriate their profits. A return of and on capital invested.
                                Last edited by KC; 13-07-2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X